TV show about English beers and pubs?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trustyrusty

Reaction score
hi

I am pretty sure I saw an ad for a Foxtel show coming up about British pubs, maybe someone called olly in it? I cannot find, should have started 2 weeks ago. Maybe on sbs? Anyone seen it, know about? Thanks

hi

I am pretty sure I saw an ad for a Foxtel show coming up about British pubs, maybe someone called olly in it? I cannot find, should have started 2 weeks ago. Maybe on sbs? Anyone seen it, know about? Thanks
Olly Smith: Ale Trails some episodes were on SBS

I've watched two episodes and quite enjoy it. He talks to brewer's about their ingredients and you get to see some interesting brews from across America worth a watch.

I've watched two episodes and quite enjoy it. He talks to brewer's about their ingredients and you get to see some interesting brews from across America worth a watch.

You'd want to get onto it pretty quick as it is disappearing from SBS on demand. Was good entertainment.

I watched a few, from I see no that great. It’s hard to make a show for beer lovers. Someone who is a beer expert will not find it interesting. It like tourist tv ... quick stops. Does not really talk about the beer much really, ingredients nor hops in depth. Last one I watched in just out of a few breweries told us what he drank, he was mimicking a brew tour I know... but... what I did learn is that there are a bucket load breweries and are making bucket load.

There was a show online from Ora tv , Michael someone, but the show has completely disappeared... not sure he has done the wrong thing and is now missing on all media? I cannot remember name, I will try and find. That was quick good.. thanks

Beer geeks ... a few on YouTube... but it is really weird search gets back to Ora but nothing on site, used to be there like others... why remove? Anyhow that was a good show I thought, had enough info but not too technical..

Last edited:
The classic was Michael Jackson's "The Beer Hunter" back in the 90s. I remember that pushed a few of circle of friends to stop accepting the one type of lager on tap deal that we had in Perth/Australia.

1989 seems like another planet compared to the beer choice we have today.

OMG - that is classic, whoever was the sound editor really wanted to work in the movies, must have movie envy - music was so over the top.... elevator, horror, "ben hur the gladiators are about to fight" drama type, everthing :)

He and Keith Floyd should have done a series ..surely a missed op there.. :)
Floyd was the original TV chef for those that dont know, loved a wine...

OMG - that is classic, whoever was the sound editor really wanted to work in the movies, must have movie envy - music was so over the top.... elevator, horror, "ben hur the gladiators are about to fight" drama type, everthing :)

He and Keith Floyd should have done a series ..surely a missed op there.. :)
Floyd was the original TV chef for those that dont know, loved a wine...
Keith Floyd kept up the Irish tradition, destroyed by drink.

Still have his Floyd on Britain & Ireland book on the bookshelf.
20181114_201139.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back