Turn Up The Heat

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked up my (first) NASA burner this week..... :)

QUESTION:

How do you know when Chiller owns too many NASA burners?

ANSWER:

When the guy at Globe imports asks if you know him, uses him as his reference site, and then asks you to say hello to him!

Top stuff chiller - you're in inspiration to many :D ;) :lol:

NOTE: Of course - I know you could never own enough NASA burners :ph34r:

hahahahahha, yes.
When I rang and ordered one, he asked what I was going to use if for.
I said brewing, and he said, yes, this is what you need and this etc etc. We've sold a lot to brewers :p :lol:

Top work Chiller.

Doc

My burner I have been using at home doesn't quite make the cut so I felt compelled on my travels through Adelaide to buy myself a NASA burner, well actually 3 burners, one for Goat and 2 for myself. Biggest problem is i have to wait until at least mid February before I will be able to brew with it :(

As soon as I pointed to the NASA burner he knew straight away - "So you're a homebrewer?" then talked to me for a while about his tester AKA Chiller.
He said the Italians use the 3 ring burners for their sauces but are tight arses so don't want to buy a NASA burner as you need to pay $60 for the HP reg.

NASA burners rock.

Last week, end of sparge to boil 21 mins.
This week, end of sparge to boilover in 13 mins.
Tomorrow I might just wind the regulator right out :lol: and have it up to boil in under 10 mins.

My old 3 ring burner would take at least 30-40 mins.

Doc

I'm sure this is a dumb question, but here it goes anyway. The Nasa Burner I bought came with a little spring. The spring is narrower at one end than the other. Where abouts is it meant to go?

Corey said:
I'm sure this is a dumb question, but here it goes anyway. The Nasa Burner I bought came with a little spring. The spring is narrower at one end than the other. Where abouts is it meant to go?
The spring goes between the air butterfly plate and the body of the gas knob. That is if it is the same as mine?

Steve.

That is where I put the spring that came with mine.

Beers,
Doc

O.k i'll bite, im a dumbarse, what is a nasa burner?? please show me some pics please???. If i can get to the boil in 10 mins or so, i may consider buying one of the bloody things!!

If you go right back to the start of this thread (click on 'First'), then you'll see what we're talking about.

Nasa Burner is just what the people on this website refer to them as. The Yanks call them Turkey Fryers.

After all the good reports and feedback I ordered mine a few days back.
Hopefully it will be here before the weekend.

cheers
johnno

Hi there brewers,
Today was not a bad day and I dont really feel like blowing myself up!!
So I'm posting here regarding these beasts. I need some help with the spring and where it goes.
Please look at the piccy and tell me if I have put the spring in the right place. If not where is it that it goes? From th earlier pics of chillers it looks like it may go there.
Also in the same pic, is that the where you adjust the flow from and have the other one connected to the gas at full bore?

Today is not a good day to die
johnno

MVC_001F.JPG

That's it Johnno , and fully open with the air-vent , gas adjustment flow from that value yes

Be aware the value will become too hot too touch during operation , you'll need gloves or a rag.

Batz

OK,
stupid question time again. When this valve in the pic is fully tightened, it is at 9 o'clock.
How important is it that this one is fully tightened? or can I just adjust it back to 6 o'clock without any worries.
Thanks in advance.

cheers
johnno

MVC_004F.JPG

I have mine at about 5 o'clock as I have my gas bottle on the ground to the right. It is tight at that position on mine.

Did I just hear a woooosh from Melb as you fired it up ? :lol:

Doc

Hi Doc,
Hmm, mine tightens at that angle there. I wonder If I can leave it there and it will be ok?
I havent fired it up yet. Had to bottle a batch earlier on.
Plus I want to be safe as. Maybe I should give it a run now and get the neighbours out looking for the ufo. :lol:

cheers
johnno

position shouldnt really matter johnno.mine are both at 3 o clock and not overly tight due to the hard piping nut being close to the air vent adjuster.the gas outlet is very small so you will get bugger all leakage around the threaded bit.

cheers
big d

Latest posts

Back