Turn Up The Heat

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
chiller said:
5 brews in one day??
My regular brew day is 2 AG's in a day. Maybe able to up that to 3 :D
Although then I won't have to brew as often. Can't have that :p

Doc

Doc said:
Jayse, got those pictures of your new stand etc ?
No pics yet but its a blistering sunny day here in adelaide today so there is plenty of light to take some pics with my cheap as french fries digital picture taking thingo.

Its is about time i added some pics to the gallery.

Jayse

Well I just wanted in on the action ...

BrewStand.jpg

More pics at brewiki: brew pot stand and 60MJ burner

Doc said:
The NASA burner on a stand from Rays Outdoors is on my Xmas present list.

Chiller, how have you found the stand to hold up now that you have used it for a few months ?

Jayse, got those pictures of your new stand etc ?

Beers,
Doc
Bugger, bugger bugger.
Just rang Rays Outdoors to make sure they had the cooker burner in stock before heading over to buy my Xmas present, and they have none left.
Asked when they were getting more in and the answer was Item Discountinued.
Bugger bugger bugger. :angry:

Looks like I'll have to pay shipping from Globe Importers unless someone in Sydney knows where else you can buy these units ????

Doc

I have applied for my license from the local authorities and I'm now on NASA's radar and ASIO's watch list :lol:

Just ordered a NASA burner including high pressure regulator and braided hose line from Globe Imports.

Tripple AG brew days here I come.

Beers,
Doc

and at the end of the day doc you will probably wonder why you waited so long to purchase nasa burners.they are that good ;)

cheers
big d
nasa owner/operator

Hi Doc, what did it end up costing you if you don't mind (cost for the burner, the reg, hose and then postage individually if you have it)? I brewed on Sunday and when it came time to boil a nice wind whipped up so I ended up making all these wind shields out of a table top and bits of mdf wood because my 3 ring just wasn't cutting it. The bloody wind was eddying around everywhere so I just had to make a complete enclosure to get a very mediocre boil. As it turns out my evapouration rate was low and I didn't boil down enough so my OG is a bit low.

I was thinking about these burners. Also been considering electric, but keen to see your prices.

Thanks, Justin

Burner including stand $30
High Pressure reg $60
Braided gas hose line $34
Shipping to Sydney $20
Total cost $144

Potential benefit to my brewday Priceless :p

Doc

Thanks Doc, much appreciated. That is quite a cheap purchase on the brewing scale once all your essentials are cared for. And to grab a few extra hours on brewday will certainly ease the pressure from the girlie ;).

Thanks again.

Cheers, Justin

Justin said:
And to grab a few extra hours on brewday will certainly ease the pressure from the girlie ;).
I figure if I go from a 90 min mash to a 60 min mash and maybe a 90 min boil to a 75 min boil and with the upgrade of the burner extra gained time, I can do tripple AG brew days :p
Worst case is I will need to get a therminator to get the cooling time down too B)

Doc

And.... Doc , your still living inside the house??

I would have been beaten if i even spoke the B word 4 times on a weekend day let alown brew 4 AG batches

Some one is livin the dream :) and it aint me ;)

time for another beer to wash the pain away

Just fired it up for a test run and to burn off the paint on the stand.
WOW, awesome. Looking forward to using it on my next brewday, (looking good for next weekend).
I thought this is noiser than my three ring but not that bad, then I wound up the regulator. Woooohoooooo, saturn here I come.
Out of interest how do you guys have you air intake piece on the burner set, half open fully open or somewhere in between. And do you run it at full noise until you get it up to the boil ?

Beers,
Doc

fully open doc.
adjust the pressure to suit how quick you wish to bring up the boil but be for warned.keep an eye on your temp gauge or kettle as you can achieve a very rapid boil.wind the pressure gauge back to suit the sort of boil u wish to have once it starts boiling.

cheers
big d

Hi Doc

They are awesome aren't they?

I run mine with the air valve fully open and as much gas volume as I can give it.

Just out of interest I have three of these burners in my set up and use one of them for my heated mash tun. Not full throttle though. :)

Steve.

Do these suckers use more or less gas than a four ring burner for boiling your wort? The four ring works well but there is always room for improvement. :D

I got myself one of these on the weekend too, attacked the stand with some paint remover, doesn't looks so shinie and new any more and fired it up. One word will suffice "awesome". I'm going to strap one of these to the back of the pulsar and call it the batmobile.

I'd love to see that ;) :p that's a great idea. :D

locost said:
I got myself one of these on the weekend too, attacked the stand with some paint remover, doesn't looks so shinie and new any more and fired it up.
hahahaha, I didn't worry about the paint remover, just fired up the burner. That worked as paint remover too :D

Doc

Doc said:
Burner including stand $30
High Pressure reg $60
Braided gas hose line $34
Shipping to Sydney $20
Total cost $144
Doc,

Curious to know whether you tried the NSW office of gameco?

I bought a complete rig off them 6 months ago for $106 (60MJ jobby that I posted a pic of earlier). They have a 90MJ, 2 ring version if you want to pay a bit more.

And no, I don't have a vested interest - the guys there were knowledgable and helpful.

cheers

sos,

No didn't try Gameco. Just went for the proven burner and service etc the other guys had got from Globe Imports.
Forgot you had sourced yours from them.

Beers,
Doc

Latest posts

Back