Turn Key Ag Rigs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi magic man - we certainly don't mind you posting here. The time zones will mean a delay between replies though!

Those Brew Magic kits look fantastic - just enough bling to impress the mates! However, I'm happy with my slap-dash esky/keg/pot at the moment. Do you have any idea what they will retail for in Aus?

You wouldn't happen to be able to supply us with Stainless Steel conical fermentors at a decent price by any chance??! They're in very short supply down here. And then there's SS kegs, which I would buy at a decent price - saves people having to "borrow" them from breweries...

MashMaster has something planned for the future but as the market is small it will be a little way off but always interesting to see what people want.

Gday Ben

Just a quick one what size batch can you make with your brewery.

Cheers Aspro

Gday Ben

Just a quick one what size batch can you make with your brewery.

Cheers Aspro

sorry, out of range for a while. The brewery is still on a ship so I haven't had the chance to test drive it but I think the maximum people do it 10.5 gallons - so I think that's about 40 litres?? I read somewhere you can do two batches easily in a brew day.
Ben

MashMaster has this project bubbling away on the back burner. But it is always interesting to read what people want in a turn key system

cheers
people.

Hi
I have been lurking for a while (my first post) and I thought I would show you my relatively new AG setup.
Having read this thread it made a lot of sense for me to buy a Turnkey system.
So I chose the 50L HERMS G&G system.
G&G
I purchased it as is except without the stand. John & Chris of G&G answered my numerous questions and assisted me in getting it up and running.
I added the foam around the Mash Tun and built the 2 stands.
Set_up5slight.jpg

Peter

Well I finally managed to fire up the new Sabco Brew Magic and it was a dream to use. A few teething problems to get it to work in Australian conditions, but after that, as someone relatively new to AG brewing, seeing the sweet, beer coloured wort coming out of the mash tun was just brilliant.

The first brew took 12 hours (a few stuff ups there - my fault) but the second one only took 5 hours. No doubt I'll get quicker as I learn how to use it properly.

So all in all it is exactly what I was after, and it was certainly worth the $$$ (and there were lots of $$ involved). Although it takes out of brewing some of the variables to do with temperature control, it certainly doesn't make the beer for you. I still have a long way to go before being able to call myself a good brewer, but definitely the Brew Magic made the whole process a whole lot of fun.

Below is a picture of the gear in our beer room (brewing is done outside at the moment). The keg at the very front is the fermenter I also got from Sabco.
BM.JPG

If anyone is interested in seeing some pictures and a bit more detail about my first brew day, there's a blogspot at http://bungobrew.blogspot.com and I'm happy to answer any questions from anyone considering one of these systems.

Ben

Below is a picture of the gear in our beer room (brewing is done outside at the moment). The keg at the very front is the fermenter I also got from Sabco.
BM.JPG
Hi Ben the inline image does not appear to work but I have looked at your blog site, nice toy!!

Is the sabco fermenter the one with the racking arm on it or just the one called a yeast brink with a corny keg top welded to the top of a keg? I have a couple of damaged corny's and 50L stainless vessels I plan on turning into something similar and a few close up photo's of the real thing would be nice.

hmmm, sorry about that. I can see the image when I look at it. I think I'll just post links for a while until I work out what I doing wrong.

The fermenter I got has a racking arm which can be tilted at any angle inside the fermenter. It's probably easiest to have a look the Sabco website for a better description and a couple of photos http://www.kegs.com/fermenters.html. If I can work out how to post images properly I'll post a few close ups of its other features/problems.
Ben

hmmm, sorry about that. I can see the image when I look at it. I think I'll just post links for a while until I work out what I doing wrong.

The fermenter I got has a racking arm which can be tilted at any angle inside the fermenter. It's probably easiest to have a look the Sabco website for a better description and a couple of photos http://www.kegs.com/fermenters.html. If I can work out how to post images properly I'll post a few close ups of its other features/problems.
Ben
Have looked at Sabco already some closeups of the racking arm setup would be good especially disassembled (if you do that for cleaning purposes)

MashMaster is looking at producing a turn key brewing system. I am really interested in what brewers who would be interested in purchasing a turn key system want.

eg
-capacity how many liters are you after and are willing to pay for (greater capacity greater cost)
-All gas
-electric/gas combination, eg electric HLT, gas kettle
-process control
-heated but non insulated mash tun so it can be fired
-insulated mash tun, but not direct fired
-HERMS/RIMS
-would you except a matching size conical fermenter to come with it
-how many optional extras do you want to be able to attach, eg water filters, inline 02 injectors, heat exchanges

MashMaster is looking at producing a turn key brewing system. I am really interested in what brewers who would be interested in purchasing a turn key system want.

eg
-capacity how many liters are you after and are willing to pay for (greater capacity greater cost)
-All gas
-electric/gas combination, eg electric HLT, gas kettle
-process control
-heated but non insulated mash tun so it can be fired
-insulated mash tun, but not direct fired
-HERMS/RIMS
-would you except a matching size conical fermenter to come with it
-how many optional extras do you want to be able to attach, eg water filters, inline 02 injectors, heat exchanges
Hi BrissyBrew,

I'm not in the market for one myself, just someone interested through my own experience.

How about something modular/flexible. That way someone could start out with basic mash/HLT/kettle combo and upgrade to HERMS/RIMS or process control if they wanted to. I think with some good design these extras should be able to plug in quite simply.

The other thing about a venture like this is it can get very expensive very quickly. Sometimes the 'add-on' approach can be easier to sneak through those who control the finances - or it can spread the costs over a bit more time.

All the best with your thinking/planning/dreaming.

cheers, Arnie

BrissyBrew,

A system I could be talked into buying would be 50L capacity - 50L into the fermenter/s that is - HERMS with Electric HLT and HE and gas fired kettle. Single, or at most 2, teir. I'd want the ramp times on the HE to be short to allow step mashes. All SS and set up for CIP. I'd also want a chiller solution that can get to lager pitching temps - i use your plate chiller and it's effective but with 30+ tap water it can only do so much. So maybe glycol?

Conicals, etc. could come later.

Hi All,

I would love to here how the Sabco units are going and how any other people's turn key units are going.

I have looked at Sabco and BB Brew Boy/Pilot.

I'm not that handy so am interested in them.

Not looking to have a 'spending heaps of money on prefab kit doesn't make you a good brewer' type discussion.

Just curious on people's perception of the breweries, the pro's and con's and of course pics.

Cheers

WSC,

Come down anytime if you want to have a look. I'm brewing pretty well every other day at present if you want to see it in action.

cheers Ross

Latest posts

Back