Turing A Keg Into An Eski

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thekegman

Reaction score
Hello fellow brewers,
firstly, i've just stumbled onto your site and love it. I'm an amature brewer that is very new to the game, but keen to learn.

The reason for my post is i've recently acquired a CUB keg, and i've herd of people turning kegs into eski's (cutting a hole in the top and hinging one side)

I was wondering if anyone out there had any photo's, tips or any experience in doing this. Summer is on the way and i need a eski to keep my homebrew longnecks cold.

Cheers

The keg man

Cutting stainless steel is not to fun at all, the shape of a keg makes it even harder - if you take it to a place that cuts and welds stainless you would end up paying >$100.

Seeing the price of a brand new eski is around the $40 mark at bunnings you would be best off buying a regular eski and save yourself the hassle.

It would look cool to have one, but it would be a heavy thing to cart around, don't know how well it would keep ice compared to a regular eski.

Might want to read the posting guidlines.....

Thekegman, welcome to the site, I know you will find lots of useful information here, but not on converting a keg to an eski.

Please read the guidelines regarding illegal aquisitions of kegs.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back