Trying to find a Beginners Kit

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Archer1011

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Been looking around online for a brewing kit. I've looked at the coopers one, but have also investigated others that seem more comprehensive and contain seemingly essential equipment like kettles or hydrometers. I guess my question is; what should kit/equipment should I purchase for my first brew?

Hey man

what kind of brewing do you want to start with ? kits or straight to all grain ?

find a local home brew store and go chat to them.they will sort you out and get you going

The Coopers kit is fine, at elast it has served me well for many years. A pot large enough to look after your can pimping needs on the stove or gas burned is the only thing you need and if you dont pimp you can probably get away without that. A 20L pot worked well for me for a period. I tried a smaller pot and straight away went and got a 20L which did me for a while with partial mash before moving to all grain. Pretty sure the Coopers kit came with a hydrometer which was adequate but was changed out fairly soon after. If you can get in to a brewshop that would be good.

Your local homebrew shop is the place to go. Start with a plastic fermenter, paddle, airlock and then an extract kit. The homebrew shop will sell the kit and then some sterilizer, bottle caps and a caper. Should get you started

Latest posts

Back