Tropical Brewing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gough

Maintain the Rage!
Reaction score
Fellas,

I think I got just a little insight into what it must be like brewing/working/living up where our northern friends Batz and Big D come from. Yesterday was 39 degrees in Newcastle, but unlike most hot days it just didn't change at night, staying hot and just getting more and more humid until a change hit at 1am. Stupid me I decided to wash/sanitise 30 longnecks and bulk prime/bottle a brew. It was 36 degrees at 10pm according to the thermometer in my kitchen and had to be about 90% humidity. It was just ridiculous. My brew was nice and temp controlled thankfully (a Bohemian Pilsner clone) but every time I'd clean something ready to use I'd bloody drip sweat on it *&$%###@ At least I lost some weight :D Is this what its like for you blokes up there all the time? How do you handle it?

Well, sorry about that whinge, just had to get it off my chest.

The new improved lighter Shawn.
(With a new respect for Batz and Big D)

Tell me about it GOUGH, i live at Edgeworth and i had a sicky yesterday and decided it would be a good idea to bottle my latest creation. So as the wife was at work and the kids were at day care i moved my operation to the air-conditioned comfort of my living room. What a place to bulk prime and bottle.
It was bloody hot outside though.

Good to see another brewer from Newie on the list. Even if you do have air-conditioning you lucky ba****d :D :D :D Maybe we could swap a couple of bottles sometime?

Shawn.

Sounds good shawn

Hey,
If either of you blokes make it down to the Central Coast (God's country), give us a shout.

David

:chug:

gday gough
fortunately this hot sticky humid weather only occurs over about 4 months.the wet season.rest of the year is the dry season where we have weather to die for.its that good.batz and myself work shift work so we have to endure 12 hour days/nights of this.you kinda just put up with it.
the build up to the wet is the worst time as in the morning it can be 20 deg but about 95 plus humidity so it feels bloody horrid.your just hanging out for the rains to come so that it cools things down somewhat.
we both have company supplied housing which is a/cond so that makes it heaps better.

cheers
big d

No reason to HOPEYE. We got everything we need up ear. Although the missus has been hounding me to take her down the Crown Plazza at Terrigal.

SJW,
Between you and Shawn, flip a coin to see who drives, and grab Hopeye on the way through to the JS brewhaus do on the 22nd.........

Doesn't sound like a bad idea. Now where did I put my double headed coin... :D

Hopeye, I get down to the central coast a bit to see the in-laws :angry: Maybe next time I'm down I can drop my wife and daughter off and meet up somewhere for a few ales. They're in Gorokan. Anywhere near you?

Shawn.

We should arrange a get together with all the local blokes. I'm sure we don't need much of an excuse.

Latest posts

Back