Quantcast

Trivial but...

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

Trev

Reaction score
Fiscus,

Now this is going to sound trivial, but for somebody with your .php skills, well.......

At the top of the page is of course the Fahrenheit/Celsius Converter. I was just thinking that most of us would now be thinking pretty much always in Celsius (?) so maybe you could instead use that space for something even more directly related to brewing.

I was thinking of a %Alcohol calculator :)

You know, a couple of TEdits for the SG and FG and a Label for the calculated amount. Yeah I know the formula etc, and yes I know it's easy to work out myself and maybe not a lot of us would use it but it would sure impress the heck out the newbies like me :)

You know, on a serious note, there might even be justification for maybe having a page somewhere that carries various calculators and data sets. Things like this above, CO2 Absorption Table, US/Imperial/Metric etc.

Regards,
Trev

dane

Reaction score
Sounds good Trev,

I guess I was hoping for more International visitors - who whould find the little temp calc very handy - I know if I still am browsing around for new Recipes many of these are from the US and the calc is handy sometimes.

The Alcohol Calc should be a snack to put in - maybe I'll put together a tool page or have a drop down menu and you can select which tool and it just pops up a little window with the fileds to enter stuff in.

Do you have further info/forumlas for a C02 Absorbtion table? I think I can handle the US/Imperial/Metric table :)

Good Idea :)

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
I have written (except for the unit conversion one, which I simply made some modifications to someone elses script) some php scripts that do the following

Unit Conversion (DegC <-> DegF, cm <-> inches, meters <-> feet, km <-> miles, kgs <-> pounds, millilitres <-> ounces, regular beers <-> tall beers.

Carbonation calculator. Based on volumes of carbonation required and beer temp, beer volume, priming ingredient etc.

Colour Conversion EBC <-> Lovibond, SRM <-> EBC, EBC -> ASBC, Lovibond ->ASBC

Hops strength convertor. Used to calculate the weight of hops to substitue in a recipe for hops with a different alpha acid rating

Let me know Fiscus if you want me to send them on to you.

Note: Sorry guys but unless you have a web server at home with PHP support then these tools won't work by simply opening them in your browser. This is because PHP is based on server side processing. This is what this site is using.

Beers,
Doc

dane

Reaction score
Doc,

Can you email those through to me. I wont be home tonight but I will look at the the next day.

I will get a Tools/Calculator page together where I can host these scripts - might combine it in with the Recipe Database / Rating systems when I get around to that.

Thanks.

A

Anonymous Brewergmk

% Alcohol Calculator

Guys if you want to be really good....

There is a formulae for working out the % Alcohol that takes into account the temp at the time..

eg enter SG and initail temp.
enter FG and final temp...

Temp does make a difference.

Ken....

dane

Reaction score
That would be cool - I log all my temps so I would be interested to see this forumla to see what read it gives.

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
Email/PM me your email address Fiscus and I will send you the tools.

Cheers,
Doc

Latest posts