Trappist Explosion

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I meant my previous experiences - I have used it before (in barrel fermenters, not with my current method) and it certainly rivals 3068 as a contender for most eager to leave the fermenting vessel and into the bedroom.

For some reason, the shape of jerry cubes with minimal headspace (in my experience) seems to somehow limit krausen explosions (occasional side leakage but maybe because the lid has no wings?) but I've never tested it to the limits in terms of using something like 3787. Will be an interesting experiment for me (and the method itself).

I meant my previous experiences - I have used it before (in barrel fermenters, not with my current method) and it certainly rivals 3068 as a contender for most eager to leave the fermenting vessel and into the bedroom.

For some reason, the shape of jerry cubes with minimal headspace (in my experience) seems to somehow limit krausen explosions (occasional side leakage but maybe because the lid has no wings?) but I've never tested it to the limits in terms of using something like 3787. Will be an interesting experiment for me (and the method itself).
If you use a jerry make sure you have a couple of 2L vessels handy for blow off. I didn't use a blow off because i really hate the idea of all that prime yeast climbing out and going to waste. Like i said I was using a 60L fermenter with 40L of wort, the crousen was bulging through the gladwrap every 4 hrs for about 3 days.! I just sanitised a s/s spoon and stirred the yeast back in for 3 days and it finally settled. It's gone from 1.084 to 1.020 in about 2 weeks. I have been checking everyday just to make sure it keeps going. It's siting on 21 degrees now but i might hit chuck the heat pad in the fridge just to get everything i can out of the yeast. If it finishes less than 1.009 ill be ******* spewing.

Back