• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Tragedy has struck! Tamworth

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitch_au83

Reaction score
Hi guys I've bought my keg set up up to Tamworth to feed the in laws some of my home brew and I've sprung a leak and now have no gas!! Any one know where I can get a refill in Tamworth. The local hb shop isn't answering there phone so I assumed closed for Xmas still

No luck so far. I think most places are enjoying the festive season.

I'd try asking the local pub? Ask for someone there who may have a tip of advice. May have to use a little charm I suppose.

Tragedy has struck! Tamworth

and in other news, rain has delayed play in the 2nd test at the MCG, and World War 3 has broken out.

But first, the main story - A very experienced home brewer has run out of gas near Tamworth and appealed to anyone, etc etc etc...

Don't male light of this Roger. He's at his in-laws don't forget :ph34r:

Suppose there's no one local that could lend you a soda stream adapter, pick up a soda stream cylinder at Coles or the like?

No no, just my weird sense of humour, and more having a shot at the media and the infotainnews each afternoon where you be forgiven for thinking there is nothing, just void, beyond our fair shores, and on our vast land, there is nothing more important than cricket!

And Mitch, I honestly do hope you can get your setup up and running and impress the crap out of your in-laws :super: .

Me? I bottle...

That Supergas depot at Tamworth has an email address: [email protected]

Send a suitable distress message and someone local who works there might pick it up on their smartphone and open the doors for you.

(Tell them the whole global homebrew world is watching)

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1482814764.443692.jpgImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1482814788.018555.jpg found these guys at a " hardware" store but $80 seems a bit steep. Has any one tried using something like this. How many kegs would a little bottle like that dispense

Wow, that's an expensive option.

evoo4u said:
No no, just my weird sense of humour, and more having a shot at the media and the infotainnews each afternoon where you be forgiven for thinking there is nothing, just void, beyond our fair shores, and on our vast land, there is nothing more important than cricket!

And Mitch, I honestly do hope you can get your setup up and running and impress the crap out of your in-laws :super: .

Me? I bottle...
All good Roger, I figured you were joking. I just feel for the poor guy, what with being sober at his in-laws and all. :unsure:

So... thanks for the input guys. supergas email bounced back a few times but I have some luck with a local pub.... if I get the required leads they said I can fill my bottle from theirs. I'll ring around tomorrow again and see if anyone I tried today is open otherwise is any one experienced in transferring co2 between tanks? Cheers guys.

Not the best option but If it's being drunk within a couple of days you could go with a hand bike pump. As long as it has not lost to much carbonation already.

As above. If your desperate cut the bottle end of your gas line and blow into it while dispensing beer.

mitch_au83 said:
So... thanks for the input guys. supergas email bounced back a few times but I have some luck with a local pub.... if I get the required leads they said I can fill my bottle from theirs. I'll ring around tomorrow again and see if anyone I tried today is open otherwise is any one experienced in transferring co2 between tanks? Cheers guys.
Be very careful doing this, you will be transferring at full bottle pressure. You we need a high pressure braided line made for the job.

I think most places will be reluctant to lend you this, in fact most places don't even want to sell you one.

221_1new1.jpg

Tragedy averted -Tamworth
So Feldon has come through with the goods this time around. Supergas is open today and I now have 10 kg rental $30 for the gas and 13.50 a month for the bottle. Thanks guys for the support in my moment of need. Now how did that cricket end up

Latest posts

Back