Tower shank replacement

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolfman1

Reaction score
ive finally replaced the beer lines in my 2nd hand keezer and I've noticed that the shanks are likely brass and are pretty manky inside.
I've got perlick taps so are all the tower shanks suitable?

Is there any significant difference between the kegland/KK versions and those sold by other shops? I'm looking for stainless and given the PITA they are to fit it's something I don't want to have to do again for quite some time.

Ta

ive finally replaced the beer lines in my 2nd hand keezer and I've noticed that the shanks are likely brass and are pretty manky inside.
I've got perlick taps so are all the tower shanks suitable?

Is there any significant difference between the kegland/KK versions and those sold by other shops? I'm looking for stainless and given the PITA they are to fit it's something I don't want to have to do again for quite some time.

Ta

how do your shanks attach to your font?
i have found that if your font has a curved surface there isn’t much choice but the small shanks with the wave shape barrel,
have a look at claypots thread for more details, https://aussiehomebrewer.com/threads/beer-font-pvc-vs-stainless-cost-vs-heat-efficiency.93460/
as for the interchangeability of taps/shanks that could have been something that could have been covered in the tap comparison thread that was recently locked because people kept taking it off topic unfortunately.

Latest posts

Back