Tower 10 Ipa

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also from San Diego Ballast Point Big Eye IPA from Dans is a cracking drink I did not see the Tower 10 IPA or I would have grabbed one to compare.
Ballast Point Website.

Just finished a Ballast Point - Yum.

:)

Tower 10 in the fridge...

Didn't grab a Ballast Point :( Seems like another good buy though ,much better than the Wingwalker,and Dundee ... :p

These are much better than the Magic Hat/Wingwalker/Dundee fare. I preferred the Ballast Point Big Eye IPA to the Tower 10, but the Red Trolley is a good malt brew that my wife likes. Price was decent too!

It looked like they were trying to get rid of their stocks of Mad Brewers Hoppy Hefe too. had cases of the stuff out (Dan's Albany Creek)

The ballast point 6-er I had was very nice. I shall try the tower next time.

The tower 10 IPA was decent, but I much preferred the Ballast point.

Apparently Ballast Point filled a container for DM's but were a little short on stock so filled it up with the Karl Strauss beers and Coronado Orange Avenue Wit this time. In other words these may end up being a one off, but more Ballast Point is on the way.

Whilst I don't go to DM that much at least they are bringing in something different to the other US beers being imported at the moment.

Grabbed one - good aroma, though it could be better, and I reckon it could have done some more late additions.

But an excellent balanced beer - good malt presence offset but a prominent but smooth bitterness. at 7%, very good value (considering the excise) and it kinda sneaks up just a little.

Goomba

Dragging this one up again.

I am trying to work out how they can land these things in Australia, at 7%, and sell them for approx. $60 a slab.

Wouldn't the excise tax on these lead to these being a Loss Leader for Dans?

Wonder if it applies for imports Zyweic Porter is $20.00 for a six pack and 9.5%ABV. I bought a 6 of Tower 10 yesterday $18.00 and then managed to drink three of them straight off Doh was keeping them for special occasions.

Wonder if it applies for imports

I was thinking the same, but even if the US has a lower excise, the importer needs to pay the difference to the Australian Government. Unless there is an exemption in the Australia - US Free Trade Agreement.

nice drop... had one of these a few weeks back with the old man.

I'm getting into IPA's a bit at the moment.. always thought they were "hopfest 2000" in the bittering department, but have been pleasantly surprised with what I've been trying.

Noticed today in Dan's they are also stocking Karl Strauss Red Trolley Ale and Pintail Pale Ale.
I bought a carton of Tower 10 IPA fed up of paying over the odds for 6 packs.

The variety of beers being stocked by Dan's is something to be commended.

I had to show the guy a six pack of Tower 10 as he said he never heard of it when I asked for a case. Must have been a wine Guru.

Didn't care much for the Red or Pale, but the T10 IPA is alright.

I had a few Dundee IPAs towards the end of a big night recently.... I'm 99.9% certain it tasted better on the way up :icon_drunk:

Bumping an old thread.

Picked up a 6 pack of the Tower 10 IPA. Nice defined bitterness, fresh hop aroma and taste that hides the alc content nicely. Overall a great beer.

Agreed, great drop from the Karl Strauss team. Have you tried their Pintail Pale Ale? If you get one that's been handled well, it's also a great drop.

Haven't tried it, they had it so I think it's on the list for next time.

I had 3 x Tower 10 IPA's and 3 x Zywiec Porters last night :chug:
I like the Big Eye IPA immensely but found last nights Tower 10's to be a bit more "balanced". Great value.

Back