Total Volume Brewed For 2010

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
418 for the year (includes the double batch i intend to do tomorrow)

Yearly total now at: 29,376

total into the keg this year
2920 Litres

Around 2020L brewed this year.

I am amazed that 2 guys have over 2000 litres.
I'm guessing they have lots of happy mates ..... or iron livers!!!

Is there a maximum "legal" volume we can brew before the tax man comes chasing us? ? - not that the Feds would be lerking in AHB ... and now out hunting Budwiser .... or at least I hope not.

or as long as we don't sell can we make whatever we want??

Only 473L this year. :mellow:
Very quiet year for me with the big brewery move.
Usually rack up around 600L...probably aim for 500 before the end of the year.

Yearly total now at: 29,849L

300l

Yearly total now at: 30,149L

I've got a suspicion that there's some blokes with big numbers that haven't posted here yet. There's a strong chance I'll have another 100 or so litres to report by the end of the year so I probably should've waited until the last week of December before posting. Next year I'm aiming to join that 2000L/annum club.

517 L this year

Running total 30 666 Litres and counting.

Cheers

I am amazed that 2 guys have over 2000 litres.
I'm guessing they have lots of happy mates ..... or iron livers!!!

Is there a maximum "legal" volume we can brew before the tax man comes chasing us? ? - not that the Feds would be lerking in AHB ... and now out hunting Budwiser .... or at least I hope not.

or as long as we don't sell can we make whatever we want??

Homebrewers are allowed 23l a week, so rounding off 1200l.

Edit. forgot to add, 240l for myself.

3284+ cases of beer hahahahaa. And this is only a handful of people. Imagine the total of every user of AHB.

Im guessing around the 600L mark. Give or take 50L. Not consumed all by myself though :p

AHB Total: **** knows now :D

Ok.

With Kenlocks and mine -

AHB Total - 31506

I've run out of beer twice this year and only really get to share with SWMBO.
So far 588L but hoping to sneak in a couple of singles next weekend but won't count them yet.

AHB total from last entry = 32094L
But to be contentious - on a count back = 34268L

There's a strong chance I'll have another 100 or so litres to report by the end of the year so I probably should've waited until the last week of December before posting.
Hatchy .. you are free to add to the total again... a few of the other guys have posted a total to date, and then added an extra batch or two.

Remember guys this is just for fun.
No prizes.
No one is going to challenge you or "audit" your books, so if you get it wrong who cares.

Is that for real??
Is that a federal or state law??

AHB total from last entry = 32094L
But to be contentious - on a count back = 34268L
I suspected we'd mssed a few in the grand total, so unless someone else wants to double check the total, I suggest we go with beersatan's 34268l.

Hatchy .. you are free to add to the total again... a few of the other guys have posted a total to date, and then added an extra batch or two.

Remember guys this is just for fun.
No prizes.
No one is going to challenge you or "audit" your books, so if you get it wrong who cares.

I'll post again new years eve, I may brew after work that day.

That's made me wonder, are we only including fermented & packaged beer or are we including beer/wort that's in a fermenter/cube as well? 3 of the batches that I included as extract batches were actually cider but were included in my brew diary that I was keeping at the time. Is cider ok or should I take those out?

Total brewed for 2010 = 0L :(

Next year I will be moving back to Aus, and I promise to contribute a significant amount to the 2011 total!

AHB Total = 34268L

only 381 L from me this year :beer: . No wonder I always feel like my kegs are empty!

AHB Total: 35,094 L

edit: I plugged these numbers quickly into my brew spreadsheet and came up with the following:
presuming average 1.050 wort,
presuming 75% e.o.b efficiency
Desired volume: 35,094 L
Required grain bill 7,621.39 kg

504L this year, 1st year of AG. Lots still in stock pile for xmas with the family.

AHB running total: 35,959

cba counting at this stage, but there were more AG's than last year (not much more effort involved in double brewdays), so that's a win!
edit: a count off the top of my head about 16 brews so that's 368L

200L this year, been a slow one , I must make up for it next year.

Edit. forgot to add, 240l for myself.

Is that for real??
Is that a federal or state law??
:icon_offtopic:
yes. its federal.

Home brewing was legalised in Australia under Prime Minister Gough Whitlam's Labor government in 1973. the law allowed home brewers to make 22 litres of beer per week.

cant be arsed finding the actual legislation.. a link to a n AHB thread on the topic is here

Back