Top Twister Pro-am Competition

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took a drive up to Newcastle yesterday morning to drop mine and Doc's entires off.

Got to meet MHB and check out the shop, lots of good gear in there. Mark was keen to have a chat and talk about brewing, tasting different grains, etc. Easy to see why he's a great resource for the brewers up that way.

Good luck to all entrants.

Cheers.

I got mine in the mail this morning express post, you should have it tomorrow.

ET
The results will probably be posted on this site, unbder the heading of top twister comp results, or something like that. Judging is on this w/e, but I dont think the results will be known (not even for those of us judging) until the Bitter and twisted festival the following weekend. The BOS round is being held Sunday arvo at the festival, and I assume all winners will be announced then, and probably posted up here on the 6th or 7th of November.
Best of luck to all entrants (god knows I need some!)
Trent

I got mine in the mail this morning express post, you should have it tomorrow.

As long as it gets to us by the weekend it will be ok. We have all the existing entries under control so a few late comers won't cause us any probelms.

Dave

Mine is on your desk next to your computer mark.

dont forget it :) or drink it.

Drinking your beer now les. Not bad...... :p I wouldnt bothe entering it aginst mine though :lol:

only joking. Bloody nice mate. please PM me the recipe. Will put a piccy in the WITG thread but that cant replicate the hop burp i just did :super: awsome.

what would homer say.............mmmmmmmmmmmmmm hop burp.
cheers

I must say a big thank you to all the entrants in the Top Twister competition.

I spent a pleasant afternoon picking up and sorting all the entries and there was not one problem with poor labelling or incorrect forms.

There are some really nice looking beers and I am really looking forward to seeing them at the comp or brewed at one of the NSW breweries.

Good luck to all.

Dave

I must say a big thank you to all the entrants in the Top Twister competition.

I spent a pleasant afternoon picking up and sorting all the entries and there was not one problem with poor labelling or incorrect forms.

There are some really nice looking beers and I am really looking forward to seeing them at the comp or brewed at one of the NSW breweries.

Good luck to all.

Dave

Dave,

Was there a good turn out of entries?

What happens if the winner is a kit or fresh wort brewer?
Rock up at Potters with a pallet of cans :lol: or fresh wort kits :D ....yep I'm ready to brew !

Dave,

Was there a good turn out of entries?

Due to our stealth marketing campaign it has exceeded all our expectations. :lol:

Looks like we will have around 80 entries which will make it a nice manageable comp for the amount of helpers that we have.

For this first year we were aiming for a well run comp, not a big one.

Dave

What happens if the winner is a kit or fresh wort brewer?
Rock up at Potters with a pallet of cans :lol: or fresh wort kits :D ....yep I'm ready to brew !

Yes of course, if that is their wish.

The actual wording is:

"The brewer of the best Non-Commercial beer will also to invited to brew a beer of their choice at Potters Brewery in the Hunter Valley."

<_<

Dave

I should have read it more carefully....just having a laugh really.

Results were announced today at the conclusion of the Best of Show round.

Entries were received from NSW, ACT, QLD and VIC with the Beer of Show round being judged by 3 BJCP Certified judges (one each from NSW, ACT and QLD).

The BOS was awarded to a Scottish Export 80/- brewed by Chan & Eileen Lay of RICHMOND, VIC.

Runner up was an English Barleywine by Keith Grice of NEWCASTLE, NSW.

I have attached a copy of the results.

Thanks go to all the entrants, judges, stewards and officials that made this competition possible.

Looking forward to next year,

David

View attachment Results_2007.pdf

A great lineup of brewers there.
Some notable AHB names too.
Next year I'll be making every effort to make it up the state for the weekend.

Appreciation to the organisers of the comp and great to see a wide reaching patronage.

Beers,
Doc

Look like there were some good beers there. Well done to the Lays (AHBers??), Keith :super: Michael and Barry (of course), Les (reclaiming his weizguy crown) and all the other winners (except for you Philip. :angry: :lol: )

Back