Top Twister Pro-am Competition

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bitter and Twisted is on in a couple of weeks.

Just a reminder

Anyone who wants to get their beer entered can drop/send it to my SHOP; I will arrange to get it to the competition.

I have tickets to both Saturday and Sunday available at the shop*. You can pick up tickets right until the last minute.

Hope any beer lovers that can get along do - everything we can do to encourage more exposure to good beer is wort doing.

MHB

*This is just for your convenience - I dont make anything from the tickets so this isnt a retail post.

you have my bottle of IIPA Mark.

It should be made the mascot drink..... it certanly is Bitter and Twisted :)

cheers

Bitter and Twisted is on in a couple of weeks.

Just a reminder

Anyone who wants to get their beer entered can drop/send it to my SHOP; I will arrange to get it to the competition.

MHB,

What's the address of your shop for shipment of our beer entries?

Cheers.

Marks Home Brew
18 Maitland Rd
Islington NSW 2296

The "SHOP" in my post (underlined) is a link.

Be good to see some more entries.

MHB

....it'd be good to see a drop off point in Canberra....
Well, young 'argie,
ask the Canberra brewers, or a local hbs to help out.

Someone will help u, coz U guys have a good brew fraternity in Kanberra, from what I infer.
Apart from that, I'll be helping at B+T, as a guest speaker and beer judge.

Also, I need to know if Tony is taking about an I2Pa he left at the shop, or the one I left 4 him?
Been sittin' there a week, an' all...

Seth (just messin' with ya Tony) :lol:

Well, young 'argie,
ask the Canberra brewers, or a local hbs to help out.

Someone will help u, coz U guys have a good brew fraternity in Kanberra, from what I infer.

...Thanks Les , i am a member of the Canberra Brewers and we happen to have the ACT Championships this coming Sat & Sun, at which i'll be stewarding , dunno if that will leave any of us much time to get our sh*t together....

Cheers, Cougar

Am sure Kurtz and Ophelia from the Kanberra Brewers would also assist...

Scotty

Hi guys,
I cant get near any of the drop off points, so does anyone know the address I can send my entries to?
Cheers.

Am sure Kurtz and Ophelia from the Kanberra Brewers would also assist...

Scotty

....i'll be spending all weekend with Kurtz at the comp so i'll ask him....

....also any news on the 5 day course you guys were gonna run again at Potters ?...

....cheers, Cougar....

....i'll be spending all weekend with Kurtz at the comp so i'll ask him....
....also any news on the 5 day course you guys were gonna run again at Potters ?...
....cheers, Cougar....

Wont steal the thread so quickly.... We were playing November in Sydney but have to push to the New Year. Will let the AHB know when etc.

Scotty

Hi guys,
I cant get near any of the drop off points, so does anyone know the address I can send my entries to?
Cheers.

Hi Rough60,

there are a few places you can send them to including:

Marks Home Brew
18 Maitland Rd
Islington
NSW 2296

Please mark your package "Top Twister Comp" or something similar.

Good luck!

Keith

Goatherder
The comp is being held on the sunday at Potters, though as far as the BOS round (being held at the Bitter and Twisted festival), I am not sure if that is being done the saturday, or the sunday. Maybe the requirements should be "one 330mL bottle, and one 19L keg per entry", that way the small bottles can be judged, and whatever beers make it through to the BOS round, we can have HEAPS of!
All the best
Trent
PS I am not sending in a keg of any of my beers, so dont think I am gonna practice what I preach - just that I would LOVE to be able to taste the BOS winner. I guess I will, in a sense, after it has been brewed by the commercial brewery. Cannot wait. T.

The first round of judging will take place on Sunday the 28th October, at Potters Brewery, a week before the Bitter and Twisted Festival.

The Best of Show round is being held on Sunday the 4th November, at the Bitter and Twisted Beer Festival in Morpeth, hopefully in front of a large crowd of interested on-lookers.

Entries should be received by Wednesday the 24th October - that's about a week away!

Good Luck,

Keith

Maybe the requirements should be "one 330mL bottle, and one 19L keg per entry", that way the small bottles can be judged, and whatever beers make it through to the BOS round, we can have HEAPS of!

Trent,

I have heard that there could be a few kegs being entered by WA breweries - so we will have to help empty those before they are sent back. Need to help reduce their freight costs ;-)

Hi,

So you''ve become a competition junkie! (It's certainly the right time of the year.)
Or perhaps you've never entered a competition before, but have a beer or two kicking around that you think deserves more recognition.
Or you simply want some quality feedback to help you brew better beer.

Well get your skates on, package that beer, and head to your local post office (or courier) bright and ealy on monday morning because:

Good Luck to all entrants,

Keith

Back