Toowoomba homebrewers get together

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benken25

Reaction score
Having met a few local all grain home brewers we are planning
on starting up a social club. We are planning a once a month meeting to discuss
all things home brewing. Just posting
this up here to gauge interest and meet more local brewers in the area. We are hoping for the first meeting to be held
in a few weeks’ time. If you are interested
we are open for suggestions on days/times on when to hold the meeting.

Cheers Ben

I'll be in too. Looking forward to tastings of both homebrewed and commercial beers and maybe some low key brewing challenges. I have a name in mind but you'll have to come along to find out.

Looking forward to it Ben. It's hard for me to pin down a time for me with the (no) work situation. I'll confess to getting a head start on the 'system war' that we are gonna do. brewing an all grain and a gluten free Bo pils in conjunction with spaced today.

earle said:
I'll be in too. Looking forward to tastings of both homebrewed and commercial beers and maybe some low key brewing challenges. I have a name in mind but you'll have to come along to find out.
cant wait to find out the name you had in mind earle
potof4x said:
Looking forward to it Ben. It's hard for me to pin down a time for me with the (no) work situation. I'll confess to getting a head start on the 'system war' that we are gonna do. brewing an all grain and a gluten free Bo pils in conjunction with spaced today.
nice mate getting a head start. not sure if im sold on the gluten free yet need to try a few more

Should say that even though Ben has mentioned all-grain, every type of brewer is welcome. I've only started AG quite recently.

earle said:
Should say that even though Ben has mentioned all-grain, every type of brewer is welcome. I've only started AG quite recently.
yeah sorry should have mentioned any level home brewer is welcome

BenKen25 said:
yeah sorry should have mentioned any level home brewer is welcome
Except homosexual nazi eskimo brewers. You've got to draw the line somewhere.

earle said:
:beerbang: :lol: best thing i have read today. They are the worst type of home brewer

earle said:
Well that rules most of Toowoomba out then :lol: . I can say that because i was born and raised in toowoomba. Only a ginger can call another ginger ginger

bradsbrew said:
Well that rules most of Toowoomba out then :lol: . I can say that because i was born and raised in toowoomba. Only a ginger can call another ginger ginger
Just like only a ninja can sneak up on another ninja :lol:

bradsbrew said:
im happy to be called a homosexual nazi but ill be dammed if im an eskimo :D at least we are not trying for a millmerran hombrew club. I grew up in pittsworth

Anyway, what's people's preferences for a time - weeknight or weekend?

im thinking maybe saturday afternoon/ night or friday night

BenKen25 said:
im thinking maybe saturday afternoon/ night or friday night
I think my vote would be for a Friday night.

hi all, would be interested in sat arvo, fri night. still k&k but keen to meet others and broaden horizens!!

scooza said:
hi all, would be interested in sat arvo, fri night. still k&k but keen to meet others and broaden horizens!!
sounds good scooza

Would love to gents..

However with a new baby due in a few weeks and a 2 year old + the busiest time of the year for me with work I can't see me getting a chance.
Keep me on the list though cause once life settle down again a bit (suspect that won't be till sometime next year) I'd love to meet some fellow brewers.

Back