Tool Is Coming!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samwise Gamgee

Reaction score
I know there are a few TOOL fans out there so here's a heads up for those that don't already know.

TOOL is playing a Sydney (24th Jan) and Melb (31st Jan) show.

Could possibly be at BDO too?

Tix on sale Aug 25 via Ticket Master.

Edit 1: Qld, Adelaide, Perth and Auckland shows to be announced soon.

Edit 2: tix through: www.ticketmaster.com.au other info can be found at www.sonybmg.com.au

I know there are a few TOOL fans out there so here's a heads up for those that don't already know.

TOOL is playing a Sydney (24th Jan) and Melb (31st Jan) show.

Could possibly be at BDO too?

Tix on sale Aug 25 via Ticket Master.

Qld, Adelaide, Perth and Auckland shows to be announced soon.

Ah, the mighty TOOL!
Fingers crossed for a BDO show... very good timing.

Thanks for the heads up and the PM reply SG.I'll be monotoring those sites from now on.

I must be getting old.Ive never heard of them

I must be getting old.Ive never heard of them

Born in 59 ay ...Yeah you are too old.

15 odd years this band has been around doing their own thing on an independent basis and kickin arse to boot.
Hard riffs,manic drums,and thought provoking lyrics for realists has made them the one of the most eagerly anticipated tours of 07.

Am I the only one that found 10,000 days... well... boring? I thought a lot of the tracks just lacked any real substance.

I'm sure they'd be great live and would love to see them at the Adelaide BDO (providing they don't skip Adelaide, if they do they should burn in hell).

Was really happy to hear about this on JJJ the other day!! Finally they decide to include us!

I highly doubt they will play the BDO. There has been this same talk for years and they never seem to be there.

I did think 10,000 days was boring the first few times i listened but now it has really grown on me. Awesome album.

i opened this thread thinking that, tool is coming,would /could be a new brewing tool! and yep i was wrong.
now being a chippie to me a tool is something i use at work.
not to be confused with "a tool" which is a stupid person :(
as compared with a" new tool" which is a new bloke on the site/gang
now an "old tool" is an older member of the gang/crew.(me) <_<
to be" tooled up " is to have all the go gear.
so i am guessing that "tool" is a" tooled up" bunch of "tools" who play in a band! :p
gotta be ! i have never heard of them. :huh:

Do yourself a huge favour and get to a cd shop and get a copy of Aenima by Tool. Best album by the best band EVER.

Am I the only one that found 10,000 days... well... boring? I thought a lot of the tracks just lacked any real substance.

BLASPHEMY!! :p

10,000 Days and Aenima would have to be my favourites. Every now and then I pull out Undertow and Opiate too. Salival is really really good too, especially "Push It" Live and the cover of Led Zep's "No Quarter"

I do like Lateralus, but hasn't grabbed me as much as the others.

Well, I agree, but I think this about every Tool album.

Queued up at 8, there were about 30 people in front of me. 8:59 the tickets went on sale, 9:05 i hear the guy at the front scream "MOTHERFUCKER!" and that was it, no more seats. got general admin tickets still, but i think the people in seats definately got the better deal. Somewhat pissed to see seats for sale on ebay 30 minutes after they went on sale for $300+.... bloody scalpers taking seats away from the real fans

Tool is my favourite band, and I've got to say that Aenima is their best album and closely followed by 10,000 Days. Just loved The Pot and Right In Two.
Saw them play on their Lateralus tour :super: , but don't know if I can afford to go see them this time, having just bought my first house and still needing to finish off buying my AG gear (just 2 pots shy). And as we know, beer comes first. :chug:

Queued up at 8, there were about 30 people in front of me. 8:59 the tickets went on sale, 9:05 i hear the guy at the front scream "MOTHERFUCKER!" and that was it, no more seats. got general admin tickets still, but i think the people in seats definately got the better deal. Somewhat pissed to see seats for sale on ebay 30 minutes after they went on sale for $300+.... bloody scalpers taking seats away from the real fans

F&#^@&@*&&@*&@*& @*(&@&#(* @*(@*(#@*((*

Was on the phone for an hour, net was clogged, had multiple other people calling etc couldn't get through.

Finally got 2 tix in silver seating somewhere (prob will need to take own oxygen)

Then found out one of the outlets where a mate went was quiet as and he was the first person to get tickets there today..........shame he turned up at 9:45, so got crappy seats too.

As you said Lucas, then to see the f*&king #@*t scalpers on ebay 30mins later gave me the absolute shits.
Currently, 2 syd tix on floor are up to $5100.00!

Last time they came me and a mate camped outside a local video store. In perth, the floor tickets sold out withint 10min and the seating in about an hour i think.

It was a bloody brilliantt show but maynard spent most of the concert hiding/facing away.

Any idea if/when they are comming to perth?

Got mine - silver seating ROW L at least it's not ROW Z!. I don't mind where I am as long as I'm in that room.

Big Fan..! but no way i will see another band @ the Ent centre..!! that place is the lamest venue for music i've been too EVER. bad sound, no 'feeling'. Bring back the Horden.
I've seen TooL twice already so i i've had a decent fix.
They do an insane live show so you guys will love it...! if you can even see maynard in those silver seats.!?! :p
Maynard painted half silver and half blue at the horden for the Aenima tour will always be a highlight for me.

OK maybe i half wish i was going now after typing this reply... damn!

I saw them the last two times they came out at the Ent Cent and thought it sounded great! Was on the floor both times so not sure how the sound compares to higher up in the seats.

Camped out both times, the first concert was in 2001 - my HSC year which the 4 of us that camped out had a major English assessment due the next day so we were up till about 3am writting our King Lear essays out the front of ticketek with about another 50 people. Surprisingly got a great mark for that essay too!

Had a couple of hours sleep and woke up to a foul smell, looked across and one of our mates had thrown up all over himself while he was sleeping. This person finished his assignment first and hooked into the Jim Beam. By the time we all finished and wanted to have a tipple, 3/4 of the (700ml) bottle was gone :rolleyes:

Was an interesting night! Should've camped out again this year

But KoNG! It's a new album! Therefore complete new show!!

Latest posts

Back