Too SOBA - National Homebrew Day - Big Brew Day

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

earle

Choc wheat fiend
Reaction score
Great meeting last night. Was good to see some more new faces and it was our biggest turnout yet.

As discussed at the meeting we're planning a Big Brew Day to celebrate National Homebrew Day on Saturday 3 May.

Everyone can set up in the carpark behind the HBS. Set up at midday ready for a 1pm mash in.

The recipes to choose from are on this page. http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/aha-events/national-homebrew-day/

We can either all do the same recipe as discussed or if we get enough interest we could cover a few of the recipes as long as each recipe is brewed accross several systems. Have a look at the recipes and we can sort it out at the next meeting.

Maybe we can have a BBQ or sausage sizzle at the end.

Forgot to mention there's also options for extract brewers.

Looking at the AG recipes I'm thinking people may want to scale the recipes to suit their systems so maybe rather than Pete and Anthony organising all the grain bills maybe we just leave it to each brewer. Open to suggestions anyway.

Not much of my gear is very portable unfortunately. So not quite sure how I can get down there. Would love to otherwise.

I really liked the look of the regal pale ale, personally. I'd be in for that, also having the crown urn I am reasonably portable. Will just have to make sure I've got a free fermenter or cube for this!

Just quick update on the national home brew day. I have been talking to Anthony at Toowoomba Homebrewers and its a good idea that anyone who is planning on brewing please place their orders by Friday lunch time to be milled for Saturday to make they day run smoother. There will also be a sausage sizzle on the day for the cost of a gold coin. Its shaping up to be a good day
Cheers Ben

Latest posts

Back