Too Much Head ! Huh

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brendandrage

Reaction score
Hi all not sure if this is the place to post so sorry if its in the wrong spot.
I have a keg king and im having trouble with one of my brews, its a basic coopers lager that came with the kit, it seems carbinated nicely enough but when i pour it foams like crazy, i switch to my other tap and the different beer pours fine so it cant be pressure? Any suggestions?

Does the keg king come with the flow controller taps? Is one turned up and the other down?
Are both taps set up exactly the same (i.e. same line length, etc)?
When you pour, do they both come out at the same rate?

Assuming that all the above are the same, you could try swapping the taps over to see if there's some sort of obstruction in the tap that's causing the foaming. If it's not the tap, then it must obviously be something between the tap and the QD that connects to the keg, like an imperfection in the shank or something. Check your lines to make sure that there's nothing caught in there?

Does the keg king come with the flow controller taps? Is one turned up and the other down?
Are both taps set up exactly the same (i.e. same line length, etc)?
When you pour, do they both come out at the same rate?

Hi kaiser, no there is no flow controllers and the lines are the same withing reason. Both taps pour at what i would say is the same rate. I have tried a different keg on the same tap and the problem does not occur. I beleive i over carbinated this keg originally so i degassed it and left it for a week but 2 further weeks on its still overly foamy!

Ahh, I misread your first post. You haven't hooked it up to the other tap, you've poured your other beer from the other tap. I get it.

Yes, overcarbed. When you say you degassed it, how did you do it? Most people warm it up and open the relief valve quite a few times. If you do it while the beer is cold, you'll take forever (read months) to degas it. Pull it out of the fridge, and as it warms up, release the pressure every hour or so. Do this lots of times (depending on how overcarbed it is) and then put it back in the fridge to cool down. Then hook it up at serving pressure and wait till it carbs back up to correct pressure.

Ahh, I misread your first post. You haven't hooked it up to the other tap, you've poured your other beer from the other tap. I get it.

Yes, overcarbed. When you say you degassed it, how did you do it? Most people warm it up and open the relief valve quite a few times. If you do it while the beer is cold, you'll take forever (read months) to degas it. Pull it out of the fridge, and as it warms up, release the pressure every hour or so. Do this lots of times (depending on how overcarbed it is) and then put it back in the fridge to cool down. Then hook it up at serving pressure and wait till it carbs back up to correct pressure.

Cool i will give that a try thanks mate

Back