Tomato seed

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oakmont

Reaction score
Greetings all, i'm in the UK and i'm trying to get hold of some Rasada Tomato seed. It was available until EU poked it's nose and the supplying company refused to bow to them and no longer supplies us. All i know is Rasada are a F1 variety and they came from the far east I dont know where. Your help would be appreciated. Many thanks

Greetings all, i'm in the UK and i'm trying to get hold of some Rasada Tomato seed. It was available until EU poked it's nose and the supplying company refused to bow to them and no longer supplies us. All i know is Rasada are a F1 variety and they came from the far east I dont know where. Your help would be appreciated. Many thanks
Never heard of Rasada, when I want something unusual I go to eBay there are these Rosada in the UK F2 variety.
Tomato - Rosada F2 - 20 Seeds [ 2020 Crop ] | eBay

Thanks for the response. they are definitely F1, regarding eBay some folks have tried that route but the seeds are not Rasada, bit of a con. Now that we are no longer in the EU maybe we can press the seed suppliers in the UK to buy them in. Here's a comment from a tomato grower
Rosada was the brilliant exception to that - but sadly it has now been dropped by all the major seed companies in favour of those bred by themselves, as they didn't own the patent! I have enough seed for the next couple of years or so after buying some extra last year - but after that there will be no more here - and I honestly don't know how I will manage without it!.
thanks for looking

Back