To Dry Hop... Or Not To Dry Hop

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ben_sa

Now in 3V
Reaction score
Hey guys, Threw this down on Saturday, Going along nicely in the fridge at about 18.c, Just wanted your opinions as to wether you think i should dry hop and rack to secondary, Or straight into the keg with a hop ball, OR just straight to the keg.... :-/

Recipe:
2.5kg LDME
200gms Crystal
20gms Chinook 60mins
25gms Cascade 15mins
25gms Cascade 0mins

Crystal steeped for 30mins at 70.c
Added to make up 6L with 1kg of the LDME
Boiled for 1 hr with hop additions as above.
Pitched US05

Now last night it was down to about 1014, The Chinook is very prominent in the bittering, Im just thinking should i bang some more cascade in...? Or another variety...?

Your thoughts would be appreciated...

Cheers

you could dry-hop with 20 to 50 gms of cascade or a mix of any american hop you like.

Thanks Mark, I just dont want to make it too overpowering... Im still trying to turn my mates away from the dark megaswill side :D

Dry hopping will give you 95% aroma and only a tiny bit of flavour. Cascade gives good aroma you could just dry hop your keg with about 20g cascade in a hopbag tied to the lid with a bit of fishing line then you can remove it whenever you like.

Or just dryhop your primary now and leave for about a week the hops "should" by then all sink down into your yeast cake if you are using pellets.

P.S. I have done that and reused the green coloured yeast for another brew with no problems that I know about :huh:

Latest posts

Back