To Cooper's Yeast Users!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beer bum said:
I once did the Pale Ale at 24C and it had heaps of banana taste. The banana did subsided after approx 8 weeks in the bottle and it finished up tasting really good.
[post="94658"][/post]​

I think the Pale Ale comes with a blended yeast, part ale, part lager. If you look at the granules, you'll see two distinct colours and grades of yeast. The Bavarian Lager has pure lager yeast, and the premium series come with various blends.

http://homebrewandbeer.com keep track in a thread on their forum about what comes in what kit and how to identify them.

EDIT: here

DrewCarey82 said:
I think that we have a beer baron on our hands.
[post="94665"][/post]​

Alcohol is not illegal in Israel, as stu has already said.. It is not an islamic state, you know?

tangent said:
why do you doubt they sell Coopers there?
[post="94670"][/post]​

The cost of transport would be ginormous, plenty of beer making country's a lot closer. You can understand the kits, would be easily stackable in a container.

But have a look @ the distance, I'd hate to get glass there safely!

Seems possible to get beer here from England, Belgium, Germany etc with no apparent problem. Transport costs are not that high. A couple of years ago Aussie wine was cheaper in Britain for some brands than in was here. :eek:

Hi to All!

Thank You for your answers. I want to know how can I use yeast in summer. Coopers yeast work to 25C(written on the pack) but I was not sure that it not working 27-30C. Belgian yeast works in 27C

Israel is not islamic country. From 6.5 mln of people we have ~ 4.7-4.8 mln Jewish men, ~1.3 mln of Muslim people, 0.5 mln Christians people and little people from other confessions.

~35-40% of Jews people not traditional Jews(not believe) and eat and drink all of drinking and eating. We have not only kosher products in the shops and supermarkets.

Welcome! Israel is very nice and historical important place!

Ah, nothing like a good and frequent Coopers argument to pique one's interest.

Gambrinus is probably pretty glad he's living in Israel now. :lol:

Plan of attack is simple. The yeast is more than likely dried yeast with the offhand chance of it being a the recultured CSA bottle yeast. Treat it (both) as any other ale yeast. 18-20 degrees (air temps) at high krausen (wort will be more like 20-22c). Maybe raise it to 22 (ambient) when the krausen drops. :beerbang:

Beer should be fine so long as the temp of the ferment never gets as high as 25c. Gambrinus if you have fairly dry heat (as I suspect you do in Israel) maybe consider putting a wet towel over the fermenter with the ends wicked in a tray of water. Running a fan over the towel and fermenter may further keep things cool. Very important in the first 2-3 days of primary fermentation. :beerbang:

Drew Carey 82 what's availability of alcohol in Israel got to do with the price of Gefilte Fish? <_<

Warren -

Gambrinus said:
and little people from other confessions.....Welcome!
[post="94701"][/post]​

Maybe I need a holiday there ;)

I seem to be on a shorter fuse than normal lately :unsure:

awrabest, stu

Gambrinus said:
Hi to All!

Thank You for your answers. I want to know how can I use yeast in summer. Coopers yeast work to 25C(written on the pack) but I was not sure that it not working 27-30C. Belgian yeast works in 27C

Israel is not islamic country. From 6.5 mln of people we have ~ 4.7-4.8 mln Jewish men, ~1.3 mln of Muslim people, 0.5 mln Christians people and little people from other confessions.

~35-40% of Jews people not traditional Jews(not believe) and eat and drink all of drinking and eating. We have not only kosher products in the shops and supermarkets.

Welcome! Israel is very nice and historical important place!
[post="94701"][/post]​

You seem friendly enough and thanks for the info its a place I've wanted to visit you've made it seem much friendly now.

Do they sell Coopers at the alcohol stores there? - As in cartons of beer?

Stuster said:
A couple of years ago Aussie wine was cheaper in Britain for some brands than in was here. :eek:
[post="94699"][/post]​

Still is in a lot of cases. The Poms are quite a bit more price elastic than us (ie they like their wine CHEAP!). Its a low unit value market for Australian wine producers (margins would be lower), so the price difference is not necessarily related to transport costs. Having said that, I agree that transportation costs are not prohibitive enough for Coopers not to export overseas.

Might be worth adding also that Coopers bottles are not the only source of live Coopers yeast. White Labs Australian Ale yeast (not commonly available in Australia for obvious reasons) is pretty much Coopers yeast and is sold in many overseas countries.

But it does sound as if we are dealing with the dried yeast in this case...

Gambrinus

you could try the advice another brewer gave on this board for keeping the temperature down. Hope it helps.

Drew
Get yourself a big plastic storage box ($15 from K-mart). Put your fermenter in, fill container with water and freeze 4 two litre coke bottles with water. Put two frozen bottles in at a time and keep changing them around as they melt. This will keep your temps down and its cheap and effective.
Cheers
Steve

Back