To build or not to build that is the question

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mainiac

Reaction score
I am thinking of changing this
photo%25202.JPG

photo%25201.JPG

into something like this

110454d1364180183-mash-bucket-system-image-422848028.jpg

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f36/mash-bucket-system-399490/index2.html

What so you think? Yeah or Na

It holds 15 gallons (57 l )

I wonder how big a batch of stout I can do. Or a pale ales?

Hey Ned good to see you here!!!

My SS tank is actually a chemical foaming station used in the food industry. We fill them with sanitizer add compressed air and spray everything down with foam.
The tank is beautiful, great craftsmanship on all the welds. We bought this tank for emergencies only in case our automated system went down. We never used it once.
I found it in a storage trailer we were cleaning out and instantly thought there is my next keg for some Coopers Canadian Blonde. But it is so big I thought I would have too many of my in-laws hanging out at my house if they hear what I got . :chug:

I saw the other pic of the cooler and thought he had a great idea but why not go one step further and do a one vessel brew. Also since it is on wheels I could brew outside when the weather is nice (both days of summer in Maine)

Looks like something you might be able to sell and then go buy the bits to build something more purpose-fit (i.e. there's probably some good reason no mashtun ever was tall and thin like that).

It is even worse for me cause I am short and fat!!!!

I think it will be a little more difficult to pull out the grains

Exactly my thoughts mate, pretty difficult to get inside to clean it out, any reason a couple of disconnects can't be put on it? Damn nice looking keg if you could get it into ya fridge..

Good to see Kylie over here!!

Yeah, if you are looking to recirculate, then you basically need to think along the lines of lauter tun width : height ratio. That missile you have is way out.

By the way, I have never seen a foamer with so much SS sex appeal. I am sure that if it is functional, it is worth a pretty penny. Plastic ones are still expensive.

I have a plasma cutter at work so I plan on cutting the top off for easy access.

Bizier what is the height width ratio thing you are talking about?

Latest posts

Back