Quantcast

Time To Bring Bulk Buys In From The Cold?

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
It will soon be coming up three years since the infamous Chinese Hop bulk buy, which resulted in so much hate posts and dickheadery that Admin removed bulk buys from the Latest Posts panel and required permission to start a new bulk buy.

Since then It's my impression that bulk buys have settled down to become gentlemanly straightforward affairs with no controversy and I wonder if it's time to allow them to appear in the top Right panel again. This would be of great benefit to people who might miss out if they don't check the BB section a few times a day, and also assist the BB organisers in ensuring that all participants are alerted to read the posts.

Of course it's sensible that admin should continue to authorise BBs to prevent silly buys like "grommets bulk buys" whatever, and that the BB should not be visible to guests.

gava

I do rather like beer.....
Reaction score
i just subscribed to the bulkbuy section.. get emails when a new one is created.

Wolfy

Reaction score
i just subscribed to the bulkbuy section.. get emails when a new one is created.
Same, and I usually use 'All Latest Threads' option, Bulk Buys are displayed in that, just not the small panel on each page.

dane

Reaction score
I agree.

Stay tuned there are some updates coming around this.

Spork

Reaction score
I also get emails, but I almost missed the last Tassie BB.
I didn't even realise they were absent from the "Latest Threads" box.
ps: Bribie - wanna buy some cheap Chinese grommets? :p

mattyra

Reaction score
I would like to take part in a bulk buy one day. Shame I live so far away from everyone. <_<

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
I would like to take part in a bulk buy one day. Shame I live so far away from everyone. <_<
That's a negative thought. The true situation is that they live so far away from you :)

benno1973

Beer Idiot
Reaction score
I'm apparently subscribed to the forum (I know this because I just tried to re-subscribe) but I don't seem to receive any emails. I receive emails for other forums, just not that one.

Despite this, I like the idea of having it in the latest threads pane. Interested to see what the new changes are Dane.

Back Yard Brewer

I HAVE A WIFE THAT UNDERSTANDS
Reaction score
It will soon be coming up three years since the infamous Chinese Hop bulk buy, which resulted in so much hate posts and dickheadery that Admin removed bulk buys from the Latest Posts panel and required permission to start a new bulk buy.

Since then It's my impression that bulk buys have settled down to become gentlemanly straightforward affairs with no controversy and I wonder if it's time to allow them to appear in the top Right panel again. This would be of great benefit to people who might miss out if they don't check the BB section a few times a day, and also assist the BB organisers in ensuring that all participants are alerted to read the posts.

Of course it's sensible that admin should continue to authorise BBs to prevent silly buys like "grommets bulk buys" whatever, and that the BB should not be visible to guests.
Couldn't agree more Bribie.
Personally it doesn't impact on me because since those "Dickheadery Days" :lol: bulk buys still happen and more behind the AHB scene. Over the years I and others have come to understand that AHB is not the be all end all. Great place to drop in and see whats happening and make the occasional post :rolleyes: PM a few brewers for catch ups and then get back to enjoying beer. By all means we should have it in from the cold and back on the latest threads for newbies who are still learning to navigate the forum. BTW it is cold here in the Barossa ATM...

Cheers
Andy......

Lecterfan

Yeast, unleashed in the East...
Reaction score
I subscribe to various posts/forums also, but given some of the useless rubbish that appears in the 'latest threads' in the top right corner (a very convenient function for regular browsers) it seems a shame to NOT have something that is generally actually brew related.

edit: not aimed at anyone, I am just man-struating and cranky.

second edit: I didn't actually expect this post to go up in the latest threads given that this is 'forum issues and suggestions' haha.

Latest posts