Time For A "welcome To Ahb" Forum.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stfu-noob.jpg

:beerbang:

ah yes it won`t be long before the hammer drops......I`ll just have a squiz at who`s on moderator now :(

stagga.

I am not against a ceiling for posts. eg Once it gets to 500 then it max's out.

You're 18 posts over that concept :)

Still dont know why there are so many 'what ifs'. Just play nice to new brewers, plain and simple. Theres enough people happy to answer the dead simple queries without being an ass about it.

Finally, we have reached a conclusion on the topic :)

This thread is heading exactly where it was destined to end up.

And it's Hillary Ass!!

Farkin lighten up, so many brewbitches these days. :lol: :chug:

Screwy

Calm down... you can put your own balls on your quilt when it arrives.

Sheddy and I will be holding a Quilting day here in Gumpy on the 18th. Making a nice Black Sheep Throw :lol:

Black_Sheep_Throw.jpg

Screwy

can I have that on my quilt instead of Bud logo?

stagga.

my ole mate stagga, I love you........first time ive laughed at a computer for years!.
Shed you are gay!

I really enjoyed reading the replies here that obviously took a bit or, in several cases, a lot of thought. You guys, like me, are now probably just gob-smacked at the bewildering and illogical derailment of this thread. How could anyone possibly reply here with anything thoughtful after the last tirade of what are truly ridiculous posts that show no consideration for other brewers?

The only reason I'm writing here is because I started the thread and that so many of you brewers responded with really clever, positive and intelligent comments or ideas. I could say, "Wow!," to several posts in this thread, have seriously thought about others and have enjoyed reading all from those who took the topic seriously.

But, by a mindless, self-perpetuating, inconsiderate and unmoderated minority, you valuable posters have been stopped dead in your tracks ...

Well, I think there's enough interest to create a new brewer posts index
and instead of just talking about it, I've created several linked articles as
a start on this - see New brewer questions. There are links to loads more
posts that can be added.

Anyway, hope this is helpful.

Tom.

Well, I think there's enough interest to create a new brewer posts index
and instead of just talking about it, I've created several linked articles as
a start on this - see New brewer questions. There are links to loads more
posts that can be added.

Anyway, hope this is helpful.

Tom.
Maltyhops,
You are to be congratulated for your enthusiasm BUT what a waste of time!
It's not the noob brewers showing the interest! This or any other article WILL NOT stop the noob questions OR the answers that these questions get.
As an example This article dates back to December 2007.
There are probably even earlier examples but I'm too lazy to look :icon_cheers:
The nature of forums is such that simple previously answered questions will continue to be asked and the wil get answered both nicely AND not so nicely.
Just live with it!
Cheers
Nige

Maltyhops,
You are to be congratulated for your enthusiasm BUT what a waste of time!
It's not the noob brewers showing the interest! This or any other article WILL NOT stop the noob questions OR the answers that these questions get.
As an example This article dates back to December 2007.
There are probably even earlier examples but I'm too lazy to look :icon_cheers:
The nature of forums is such that simple previously answered questions will continue to be asked and the wil get answered both nicely AND not so nicely.
Just live with it!
Cheers
Nige
Nige, I agree with you to a point. Yes, the same questions will be asked. But i think we can do more to reduce it by helping people a little more who join the site. The help must be obvious, not something you have to click around to discover. What do they see when they open the page? The most obvious thing is the forums, so they do the obvious and say, "i'm new and hope this isn't a dumb question, but..."

Maltyhops - what if we put your articles in something like this below? If everyone doesn't tell me this is a dumb idea i'd be happy to work on this with you.
Moderators - yes it would take some reprogramming, but there is a significant amount of angst over this issue.

Ok, this is really quick and dirty, obviously.

444.jpg

That would bring up a welcome page and a bit further down...

HOW DO I FIND WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR ON THIS FORUM

There is lots of information on this forum.
New Brewer Questions - Here are some common questions asked by new brewers.

Articles: - (include an image where to click - too lazy to do that at the moment) You can find most of the basic information in these articles.

How to research old answers - It's very likely someone has already asked your question. There is a wealth of information contained in our archives, but it's simple to find. First, click here and type in your question.
222.jpg

You can see it uses the Google search engine to find any discussions on the forum in the past. Probably many of your questions can be answered here.
333.jpg

Forums: Read or ask a question - (include an image here of where to click).

When a new member joins and is sent a confirmation email, that email should contain a briefing ... although I still believe people are missing the point of a forum somewhat. Lurkers excepted/accepted many people aren't here to just read, but to interact.

Blame the Y generation - they started.

Latest posts

Back