Time For A "welcome To Ahb" Forum.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this site really that hard enough to use? Anyone who can't find the info they need on here will struggle to get the can open.

Is this site really that hard enough to use? Anyone who can't find the info they need on here will struggle to get the can open.
Don't you want more girls brewing their own?!!? Whats better than women bringing their beer to ur next club night for judging ;)

Maltyhops,
You are to be congratulated for your enthusiasm BUT what a waste of time!
Thanks ... I think <_<

Nige, I agree with you to a point. Yes, the same questions will be asked. But i think we can do more to reduce it by helping people a little more who join the site. The help must be obvious, not something you have to click around to discover. What do they see when they open the page? The most obvious thing is the forums, so they do the obvious and say, "i'm new and hope this isn't a dumb question, but..."
Yep, pretty much the main driver of starting this and as said before, there
are often pretty good responses that become harder to find when they drift
off into history. If this collection of links achieves this, then it will have been
worthwhile, otherwise it's no big deal and can quietly fade into history as well.

Once set up, the effort of adding new links is not much and it's once off and
if good notes are added to show how to add to the collection, people can do
the adding when they see a need to and perhaps the collection will maintain
itself. But if we didn't do anything but just have the occasional gripe about
this issue, well ....

The nature of forums is such that simple previously answered questions will continue to be asked and the wil get answered both nicely AND not so nicely.
Hopefully this will continue to be the case and the nicely side prevails - of course
a bit of spice helps to balance things like hops to malty sweetness.

Maltyhops - what if we put your articles in something like this below? If everyone doesn't tell me this is a dumb idea i'd be happy to work on this with you.
Moderators - yes it would take some reprogramming, but there is a significant amount of angst over this issue.
Don't mind how it's linked to - I put the collection into the articles to allow them to
be edited by any member although it's a bit heavy on using HTML style code (due to
trying to keep entries as compact as possible). The main thing was to get something
in place and see where it goes.

Don't you want more girls brewing their own?!!? Whats better than women bringing their beer to ur next club night for judging ;)
I think this alone would make the cost of entry worth it.

Tom.

Back