Tightass Line Cleaning Tank.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fingerlickin_B

Mo Bitta, Mo Betta!
Reaction score
Aiming to avoid using one of my kegs in a pub-style line & tap cleaning system I've empolyed a fermenter which I no longer use due to a small hole near its base.

The fermenter leaked very slowly and although I've heated a blade and wiped plastic into/over the hole I was no longer willing to use it as intended, so I came up with another use for it:

lineandtapcleaner15az.jpg

I haven't quite finished yet, but all I need now is to add a barbed fitting to the lid and some hose with a water tap fitting on the other end...which I'll purchase this weekend, although I've dummy-fitted some crusty old ones from the garage and everything fits fine :D

The liquid plug is a 1/2" male threaded unit and I fitted it to a cut-down screw-type tap...I did this by heating the cut tap and threading the plug in about one turn by hand and then letting the plastic cool. Once coooled I placed the plug in a vice and turned the tap piece down onto it with a spanner, cutting its own thread as it went...a perfect seal too :D

Throw the old fermenter away and waste a keg just for cleaning? Nah... :chug:

PZ.

Good idea, might have to make me something similar once I get my setup going right..

Guys that hose connector what are they called and where do you get them from. Sorry for the stupid question but that looks like what I need for garden sprayer keg.

Cheers

Do you mean the one pictured?

If so, it is a 1/2" male threaded liquid ball lock post...you can get them from HB shops or online (a guy on eBay.com.au with the ID token_survivor sells them).

PZ.

Latest posts

Back