Three Troupers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Truman42

Reaction score
Took the missus to Halls Gap for four days and on the way back today stopped off at the Three Troupers pantry in Beaufort.

They sell the Three troupers beers and we had a tasting paddle consisting of a Pilsener, Amber ale, and a Pale Ale. The pale and Amber were okay, nothing to write home about but the Pilsener was shocking. It had really bad green apple flavour to it and I thought I was actually drinking apple cider.

The lady there said its done BUL in Lara for Three Troupers. I told her about the green apple taste but she didn't seem interested in my comments.

She actually opened three stubbies to pour us the sample paddle and left the remainder of each sitting back in the fridge with the lids loosely fitted.

I've got a sized from the in laws at home of their range. Nothing sensational.

Although I didn't pick up green apple in the pils. Then again, perhaps you are more susceptible to acetaldehyde.

@ Truman - Sounds as though their attitude towards a branch of their brand is BULshit though.

Back