Thoughts On This Recipe?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrkitewhitey

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Just wondering if you think this will work.... I'm after a creamy head w nice aromas...

1 can Aust Pale Ale (coopers)
1 kg BE2
500g LDM
2 x 12g teabags Cascade (1 dry hopped)
1 x 12 g bag Nelson Sauvin...
Kit Yeast

Kinda Fat Yakish, but wanting it to be a bit less in ya face...

Will the extra LDM hurt or help you think?

Sounds similar to my second brew and I'm pretty damn chuffed with how it turned out. Fat Yakish, tasty, clear, malty, hoppy, delicious! I think the key to better beer is to invest in better yeast, Safale US05 fermented at 18 degrees is an absolute winner. Nice crisp, clean finish which lets the hops shine through. You won't be dissappointed, and you won't look back. Look into Wolfy's washing yeast thread and you will get several brews from the one yeast pack. Go forth and make beer mate!

What he said. +1 better yeast. Start with rehydrating US05 yeast for clean American style ales like you are aiming for in the above recipe.

I'd also consider buying your hops from a supplier who keeps them stored well. A lot of these teabags are stored at room temp in the shop and they lose all the best qualities.

Overall, it looks like a pretty good kits and bits recipe.

Now get brewing!

Hey Guys,

Just wondering if you think this will work.... I'm after a creamy head w nice aromas...

1 can Aust Pale Ale (coopers)
1 kg BE2
500g LDM
2 x 12g teabags Cascade (1 dry hopped)
1 x 12 g bag Nelson Sauvin...
Kit Yeast

Kinda Fat Yakish, but wanting it to be a bit less in ya face...

Will the extra LDM hurt or help you think?

Looks GREAT.....the 500g LDME will do wonders, BUT...if you want to get a better head etc, then instead of 500g of LDME substitute it with 500g of Dry Wheat Malt (powder...just like normal LDME) and that will give much better head rentention

US-05 yeast would also do wonders in producing a clean & crisp beer

rendo

I do a straight pale ale without extra hops and its fantastic,
BE1 instead of BE2 for the extra malto for body and head plus your 500gm of LDM.
The tea bags will give you a more than satisfatory beer for now, but def worth looking into getting some fresh hop pellets/flowers..also works out cheaper per brew.
The yeast in the kit works alright, I find it gives nice banana flavour and aroma.....though you cant go wrong with a quality yeast.
brew it up, drink it down....its all good

Latest posts

Back