Those Wacky Folk In Alabama...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a wonder that country can operate at all!

Best comment I noticed below the article would definitely be this one (sums up the way MY attitude would be toward brewing in the state had I lived there):

"umm... nice to see that the hobby I (theoretically) have enjoyed (hypothetically) for the past few years (if it were legal) might become legal, in which case I could start brewing beer at home (because I have never done this in past, honest)."

Not surprising considering that most of them genuinely believe that the planet is only 4000 years old and that the King James Bible is the revealed word of their imaginary friend. Not to mention their attitudes towards Nigras.

Actually they'd probably fit in very well in Queensland judging by the number of Hillsong dropkicks around nowadays B)

In case you missed it last time it went around, this is what they're up against:

What is M-E-A-D, mead? What is that?

Cheers,
tallie

Last edited by a moderator:
In case you missed it last time it went around, this is what they're up against:

Cheers,
tallie

For the love of God...Do they need to sound exactly like an episode of The Dukes of Hazard.

"When I want a cocktail I get a Chivas Regal...it has the stamp that says that it is healthy."

Now there is a winning endorsement

I hear banjos and spoon playing, all of a sudden

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you have to think of the context - the elected officials there are pretty wild about their wild spaghetti monster in the sky with clouds and stuff... it's not as if the cards aren't on the table - "If you like alcohol and brew it at home, don't live in Alabama"... Alabama would have to be way down the list of places in the US i would possibly even consider going to, gimme liberal California anyday. You have to love the quote "Where do we stop, Marijuana!"

But good on em for at least opening up the hobby, even if it only means at 60 years old you can brew or that you only can brew 20 gallons per year (as if policing that will be possible, sounds like our old 2.5% alcohol rule that the police got sick of policing)

Shezam!, thems down Alabama can now chill cubes in a ceement pond, just like city folk.

This is probably how new zealand looks at us when they hear we can't make moonshine!

5 gallons a month??? thats not much would go threw that in 5 days :p

From what i understand beer is so cheap in america anyway. So making it wouldn't really be about getting pissed on the cheap? More about making it for the sake of it.

lol like how in the youtube clip they talk about something they all know nothing about!! What is MEAD?

I must have 400 gallons of beer just sitting around for my kid to drink as I must just brew it and let it sit there for years on end without touching it!!!! and I must get sick all the time as I brew it at home and you cant possibly drink anything made at home!

:p man if there politics are that stupid I hate to see the people in the community. I hope that was a joke and not real recordings of what they said! If you are fighting a bill to stop it to pass wouldnt you do some research on it or do you just assume the stupid crap you think is ok to say :huh:

it really is a sad state of reality that most Americans are THAT stupid, not just the rednecks and swampers,

praise the lord... :eek:

it really is a sad state of reality that most Americans are THAT stupid, not just the rednecks and swampers,

Sorry but you could take excerpts of idiots from numerous places in the world, then draw a long bow about their country or race.

Some Americans are stupid.

So are some Aussies.

Lots actually, of my experience.

Wouldn't say 'most' as I haven't met and had in depth discussions with 'most' and to suggest that I had might make me look stupid.

Sorry but you could take excerpts of idiots from numerous places in the world, then draw a long bow about their country or race.

So are some Aussies.

Wouldn't say 'most' as I haven't met and had in depth discussions with 'most' and to suggest that I had might make me look stupid.
Unfortunately Manticle there's quite a few on here too, gathered by the amount of mindless drivel that gets posted. :(

I'm pretty embarrassed at what these comments say about me as an Australian. I'm suprised the site allows this bigoted slander aimed at a whole state and indeed at a whole nation.

Some of the people here cannot spend too much time thinking to be able to post comments like that.

Not reporting as i'm not a lagger, but there must be plenty here who are and love to crawl to the mods. :rolleyes:

So are some Aussies.

Manticle I apologise for my sweeping genaralization of the American public, let me correct that by saying...Most people are that stupid, regadless of country or race.

Latest posts

Back