Thomas Coopers Ipa Thoughts

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crd0902

Reaction score
Hi guys, got a recipe from lhbs was trying to go for a James squires golden but think it might of been an amber instead. Anyhow it is Thomas coopers ipa tin, 1kg light dry malt, 300 grams dextrose, 12 grams fuggles and English ale dry yeast. Will this still come out a decent taste for kitnbits.
Cheers Chris

Should do mate. That's a pretty standard combination of ingredients to use with that kit that'll turn out well with a clean healthy fermentation.

Should make a tasty beer with that recipe but nothing like a James Squire beer. I would make up to about 20L to get some of that bitterness.

You would really need the Sparkling Ale can as a basis for a JS clone. Dr Smurto's Golden Ale.

As already mentioned, it won't be much like JSGA at all but for my money your recipe looks a lot better than the popular kit-based recipe for that beer that has been quite popular around these parts.

Cheers all. I did do some reading on the google search and most were pretty similar. I was just making sure the hops and yeast were ok. I saw a lot of different hop combinations so was a bit lost. I'm going to just steep the hops for a few minutes and throw it all in like normal. Should I bother dry hopping with more fuggles or maybe just start with what I gOt and beef it up next time if it needs it.

Back