This is happening again..... Home Brew Master 2015

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SamT

Reaction score
I realize traditional Home Brew competitions only require a sample so I suppose we are asking for more. At this event we treat all competitors as we would professional breweries at a Beer festival, they get paid for their time, stock and effort.

The two winners last year have their own labels, selling commercially & gypsy brewing out of Young Henrys & Batch. That's not everyone's goal but pretty cool to be part of it.

The major prize is having your beer commercially made and available at your local so the judges need to take that into consideration hence the 19 litre batch.

It's a great prize, I think. I'm sure a lot of us would want our beers made available to the general public. Ps. any chance in getting Young Henry's beer up this way?

AFAIK, Young Henrys is only on tap at the local bars around sydney and at the brewery itself.
I was lucky enough to get 2 cornies filled by the guys for my 30th (didn't last long!!!)

andrewl said:
AFAIK, Young Henrys is only on tap at the local bars around sydney and at the brewery itself.
Young Henry's reach extends waaaaaaaaay further than that - from Sydney to Brisbane and all the way to Wetherspoon's pubs in the UK!

Well there you go!
I'll go back to sitting in the corner again!!!

DU99,

Accommodation wise there is a fair bit around from budget to 4 star. No accommodation on site though. If you need a hand please call or email me, more than happy to help.

On another note Young Henrys is not yet available in Melbourne but I have seen it in Brisbane (Valley Wine Shop) plus a few bars and they aren't too far away from opening in Margaret River. South Australia is on the cards too I believe.

Back