This Is C&c Distributing, In Ca. Usa, The Keg Guy.

• Thread starter mchitiea
  • Start date
Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just checked my Amex statement and it was charged for my kegs on 3/2/05, and by judging on your guys feedback it seems my kegs should be on the same boat as other AHB orders.
Looking forward to the string of replies saying "My kegs have arrived"

Beers,
Doc

Ditto

Got the JPEG from Matt. He's certainly living up to his promise.

Richard.

To All.
Sending out the U.S. Customs Form (s) / Send Receipt will now be standard practice. Why we did not think about doing so, before all this is beyond me...I should have.... MY FAULT ! It would have saved us ALL some grief ! OUCH !

I have the Customs forms for the following people (LAST Names). Email us if you want us to send your form:
Elliot, Scott, Kendrick, Oaten, Watson, Haim, Barbour, Westwood, Menzies, Bunyip, Martin, Francis, Cuzens.

If I tear this office apart, I may find more of them, if you have ordered in the last two months or so. Before this all started, we just threw them away (can you say "STUPID"?) You all permission to call me a dweeb for the next 30 seconds, afterwhich we return to the "No dweeb zone".
Thank you,
Matt Chitiea

O.K. I get it....so if your order was longer than 2 months you can kiss your money goodbye eh?
The fact remains (and it aint here-say) I paid my money in good faith and recieved nothing in return.
Buyer beware.
cheers, Mark.

Mark, I told you in my last email that
1. Before a month or so ago we were throwing out the forms instead of keeping them.
2. That the AVERAGE TRANSIT TIME IS BETWEEN 8 AND 12 WEEKS!
3. That your form was not found but that I do remember the name, and that it went out

Now you are publically bitching that after ONLY 8 weeks weeks you got screwed..basically stating that we ripped you off.
Well Mark, there are others out there where their kegs took 18 WEEKS to arrive! So...to put it plainly, stop your bitching! We have NO CONTROL over the shipping transit time!NOW... I am getting tired of this ! Maybe it is not worth selling to you guys down there. I don't need these complaints concerning the transit time; once they leave here there is nothing I can do to speed things up!

BUT...just for you Mark, I am going to put two of my guys into our trash dumpster on Tuesday, go through all that muck to try to find YOUR Customs form! Now, when they arrive, will you be man enough to state here that you did indeed recieve the kegs? You better, because if we find that customs form, I won't be emailing it to you, I will be posting it here FOR ALL TO SEE.

BUT...not all of you are impatient: Latest ebay feedback
Took 8 weeks to Australia. All parts included. $20 versus $100 here. Thanks. A+
Buyer ray_c_yuen ( 206)

mchitiea said:
Mark, I told you in my last email that
1. Before a month or so ago we were throwing out the forms instead of keeping them.
2. That the AVERAGE TRANSIT TIME IS BETWEEN 8 AND 12 WEEKS!
3. That your form was not found but that I do remember the name, and that it went out

Now you are publically bitching that after ONLY 8 weeks weeks you got screwed. Well Mark, there are others out there where their kegs took 18 WEEKS to arrive! So...to put it plaining, stop your bitching! We have NO CONTROL over the shipping transit time!
NOW... I am getting tired of this BS ! Maybe it is not worth selling to you guys down there. I don't need this public whining crap anymore.
[post="50249"][/post]​

Until I read this last reply I was prepared to overlook any mistakes that have been made re shipping receipts etc. I was going to order three kegs as I am tired of bottling. I can assure you however, that with the attitude to customers as demonstrated by this seller, I have changed my mind and will either seek alternative source of purchase or remain bottling.

That's too bad. You are preventing yourself from getting a good product; for now you would receive via email a copy of the Customs send/reciept.

On a personal note: Just how much abuse would YOU take concerning something that you have NO CONTROL over....without responding?

mchitiea said:
On a personal note: Just how much abuse would YOU take without responding, one way or another?
[post="50256"][/post]​

I've got too agree with Matt here as I work in a service industry, Although my job is to provide technical assistance and support to front line service personnel a large part of my day is spent listening to consumers rant and rave at me about why does it take so long to do X, Y or Z or why won't you give me a new one (what I work with aren't toasters and you can't just take them back to the shop and swap the over). And YES there is only so much a person can take until you start to take offense and respond.

I have an order under way for some kegs, when I placed the order I chose what option I wanted for shipping (the most cost effective). In doing this I understood the average shipping times involved. I have thought I might get lucky and they will come earlier but I am prepared to wait as I chose the cheapest option and it clearly stated there was no tracking available and what the average times were.

The general public in Australia seems to have forgotten a lot about common courtesy and decency these days, treat people as you would like to be treated and the world is a nicer place

Cheers :)

The old Aussie "fair go" seems to be fading into oblivion when I read some of these keg posts.

Wake up to yourselves you blokes, the guy has said he is trying to fix things and from all reports there is a lot more happy people about than there was a few weeks ago.

The saying that "the customer is always right" goes only to the point where they become unreasonable and virtually impossible to deal with.
Think about that when you are bitching and whining over delivery times.

I sincerely hope that Matt and other suppliers of HB products from the U.S. dont adopt the attitude that we are all a bunch of moaning dick - heads and dont want to deal with us any more purely because the inconsiderate comments of a few over freight which is something that is out of their control.

You blokes cant tell me honestly that you or someone you know has not had something go missing or take ages for delivery with Australia Post.

Cheers

I have ordered twice through Brewers Discount and my orders were both received no worries. There have been problems with emails but sounds like they were going into the junk email folder.
My order took about 11 weeks so I would give it at least 12 weeks before querying and abusing the suppliers.
The biggest problem is waiting so long for the kegs and having no way to track the goods and basically sitting back after spending a couple of hundred dollars and just waiting and hoping they will arrive.
It seems that now with the customs forms being sent out the whole process can be a bit more reassuring for the buyer.
Good to see you have improved your services to accommodate us Matt.

Well said Dicko.

Let's not bite the hand that feeds us. I'm not going to carry on about it, but I ordered from BD, 3 kegs (got sent 4, but all good) a 3 way gas manifold, 6 1/4" mfl disconnects and a dozen clamps.

This costs me approx $230-240 USD delivered. It took approx 6-8 weeks, I think. To buy this equipment from the LHBS would have costs me over $500.

I know the waiting time can be frustrating, but not as frustrating as the seller stating that goods can not be delivered to Australia any more.

Cheers,
Jase

mchitiea said:
We have NO CONTROL over the shipping transit time!NOW... I am getting tired of this ! Maybe it is not worth selling to you guys down there.

I've got to agree with Matt here. When the goods leave C&C and are handed over to USPS, in reality, their obligation stops there. The contract for delivery is between you and USPS. You pay USPS for the delivery not C&C, so if you have a problem with how long it takes, bitch to them. If you want more assurance about how long it's going to take, pay more money for a higher level of service. Mike is perfectly entitled to be getting tired of this. C&C don't ship via USPS you do! C&C don't even choose USPS, you do! (you could arrange with C&C to use a private courier). As part of their customer service, they are prepared to arrange for USPS to pick up the goods, but they could just simply say, yeah we sell to Australia, but you have to organise your own shipping.

I can also see why Mike feels it's not worth selling to Australia. Wake up everyone, we are an economic blip on the radar. Australia's population is just over 20million. According to the U.S. Bureau of the Census, the resident population of the United States, projected to 03/22/05 at 23:24 GMT (EST+5) is 295,716,282! Imagine how many homebrewers ther are in Australia compared to the US, imagine how great the demand is in the US compared to Australia. Couple this with a decreasing supply in used kegs and you will see that these guys don't need our money, so if it becomes too difficult to sell to us, why bother?

I'm afraid that a good source for cheap, quality, home brew gear could dry up, because a few squeaky wheels are not getting the oil they're crying out for.

MAH

Good to see there's some movement on the keg front - I'll email Matt regarding my Dec 04 order...

Cheers,
TL

FWIW, I ship items to customers overseas and I don't even offer surface mail, for this very reason - I don't need to be hassled over matters outside of my control, by tightwad customers who are trying to save a few bucks and lack the patience.

I have also tried to purchase certain items from the States and been told flatly 'sorry, we don't ship outside the US'. Even quite simple items. It is frustrating, but the seller with bargains holds the cards.

So it looks to me like Matt is doing Aussie brewers a perfectly decent service, and both sides have managed to annoy each other a bit - the email problems on their end and a lack of understanding on ours.

I'm considering buying a few kegs through them, and personally, Matt's comments haven't put me off in the slightest - it is actually good to know he stands by his business and will defend his honour.

Matt, I suspect most of the members here really appreciate the access to your keg supply, but regarding the "public whining crap" - it's only public on this forum (which is what brought you these customers in the first place), so don't get too upset over it. We're all smart enough to know who's being reasonable and who isn't, and we'll make our own decisions accordingly.

onya matt.i agree whole heartedly with the comments of support.in my region of australia all goods come via barge and some via air so im no stranger to the long wait.it just comes with the territory.
i for one will be ordering kegs through matt providing he still has any or wishes to sell/ship to australia in the near future.

cheers
dave g

mchitiea said:
To All.
Sending out the U.S. Customs Form (s) / Send Receipt will now be standard practice. [snip]

To me, time is not the issue - I will always choose surface post simply due to costs etc. I can handle the wait. The "risk" in ordering from overseas, to me, is always that lingering doubt that the goods will actually be sent to me. My credit card always pays, but does the supplier always deliver?

Thanks to Matt, physical evidence of a dispatch certificate goes a long way to removing that lingering doubt. B)

US Postal services are anything but consistent - my brother is currently working in Houston Texas and sometimes sends me stuff from St. Pats or B3... Estimating delivery dates is virtually impossible - I received an SS false bottom in 9 days and other smaller items have taken longer! Go figure!!

That isn't Matt's fault - and kudos to him for giving a $hit about us - think of what we'd be doing if these guys weren't making the effort to provide us this gear? Believe me, there are heaps of US suppliers who simply don't ship outside continental US...I've asked. :huh:

No offence intended to local suppliers, but if the oz retailers stopped selling 10 gallon coolers for $300 when I can get my brother to buy one in the Houston mall for US$38 and send via parcel post for less than US$20, I'll maybe think about buying locally. We even joked about shipping a container load of rubbermaid coolers!! B)

Cheers,
TL

Now you are publically bitching that after ONLY 8 weeks weeks you got screwed
This is not correct. If you check your records you will see that it has been TWELVE MONTHS...quite an exceptional display of patience I would have thought.
Combined with the fact that you were not answering any e-mails only compounds the situation.
I was actually resigned to the fact that after such a long time I had basically been had.
Only a cursory re-scan of your feed-back to see how many other punters had been burned revealed this thread.
Sorry if I seem a tad harsh but I'm quite within my rights to be a tad narked with this particular transaction.
cheers, Mark.
BTW I noted you had to ask me my surname twice...I can probably understand when every other man-and-his-dog tends to hide their identity behind a veil.

Mark Casey Today, 08:44 PM Post #57

Amateur Brewer

Group: Members
Member No.: 923
This is not correct. If you check your records you will see that it has been TWELVE MONTHS...quite an exceptional display of patience I would have thought.

Sorry if I seem a tad harsh but I'm quite within my rights to be a tad narked with this particular transaction.
cheers, Mark.

................................................................................

Mark Casey,

First up, you must have some record of payment via paypal, credit card, etc.
Second, if you let this transaction go for over TWELVE MONTHS then one must ask why???

As the AHB records show as above you have made no contribution at all to the AHB site and discussion board, apart from using our facility to attack the suppliers of HB equipment from the U.S.

Personally mate, if it has taken you TWELVE MONTHS to think about complaining via our HB site or if you are using this facility as your last resort then I personally suggest that you sort it out on your own and dont involve the members on our forum.

In all honesty, if you have something to contribute to the AHB site and believe that your input will be usefull to home brewing of beer then we we would all like for you to participate, but if you are using our forum for your personal grievances or your vain attempt to discredit others then sign off and dont come back.

Cheers

"....No offence intended to local suppliers, but if the oz retailers stopped selling 10 gallon coolers for $300 when I can get my brother to buy one in the Houston mall for US$38 and send via parcel post for less than US$20..."

Are you referring to Igloo Ice chests? Heck... If you need them, I can find them IN BULK ! For that matter, if there are any items, brewery related or not, that needs to be sent over in Large quantities, let us know...we run across all kinds of stuff!

AND........THANK YOU ALL for the kind comments. They ARE appreciated....I was getting burned out over all this. Pepsi is beating us to a pulp with their preparation for summer. We have been picking up load after load of Soda Vending machines, Display Coolers, Fountain units, etc. Days start at 7 and I usually don't get back until LATE (heck, it's 3am and I am just now finishing the day!)

THANK YOU,
Matt Chitiea
c&[email protected] AND [email protected]

PICS:
LOTS of soda vending machines
The Ultimate home beer dispenser - tabletop, self refrigerating, 4 to 6 heads, run lines in from garage or....?

Central_Overview3.jpg

PreMix_Vangaurd.jpeg

^ Looks good Matt, shame on the expencive costs to ship from US to AUS otherwise I could see myself having one of these next to my beer fridge.

Would if in very nicely!

Do you sell this kind of stuff on ebay at all? Would be interesting to have a closer look!

Latest posts

Back