This Is C&c Distributing, In Ca. Usa, The Keg Guy.

• Thread starter mchitiea
  • Start date
Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

mchitiea

One of our Australian customers of our Ball lock kegs referred me to this forum.
We are the ones everyone is writing about on this forum concerning the 3 and 5 gallon ball lock kegs.

After reading the forum, I think there needs to be some clarifications:

1. The USPS has a size limit on packages DEPENDING ON DESTINATION COUNTRY. "By the book", a box of four, 5 gallon kegs is JUST OVER the size limit, by a pinch, for Australia
2. MOST U.S. Post Offices will not take our boxes of 4 kegs, heading your way BUT...We do have ONE P.O. that will, and does.
3. WE CAN SHIP FOUR, 5 GALLON KEGS PER BOX.
4. WE CAN SHIP FOUR, 3 GALLON KEGS PER BOX.
5. Transit time ranges from 4 to 12 weeks, 8 to 12 being the norm.

If you want to see all that we have available, look at our website, located at: www.chicompany.net

That's about it.
Thank you!

"Perfect" Condition 3 gal kegs with oval lids are beginning to run low. We are now sending out the kegs with "RaceTrack" style lids. Some have minor dents.

The 5 gallon keg supply within the Pepsi system is getting REALLY LOW. We now only get what is being directly pulled from service for the bag in box customer change-over. The days of having 20,000 kegs "lying around" is LONG GONE. I figure one year, at the most, for "cheap", used kegs.

--Edited due to updated info.--

Thanks for the overview mchitiea,

Am email has been sent to the above address regarding an order.

just wanted to get some more information on the race track style lid, can you give more info or possibly a pic of them?

cheers mate

I just bought and paid for 4 though Ebay this morning, can't wait until they arrive.

thanks

Ebay id: emmjayau

RE: Race Track lid style kegs.

Yes, we will post a pic of the lid style this weekend.
Basically; you all know what an oval lid is and what it looks like.
A "Race Track" style lid has two parallel sides, like a school running track. The opening is not as large as an oval lid, it is slightly smaller. Those with "Governator" Scharzenager arms will have a harder time reaching in to scrub/clean, but "normal" fore-arm sizes are no problem.

There can be sealing problems with race track lids - ie the rubber seal stretches easily and then does not hold on the parellel straight bits.

Becomes a PITA to seal them.

My preference is for oval lids only....

RE: Lid sealling w/ Race Track lids.

The Original Equipment lid gasket is square. Those are no longer made in the U.S.
Using a NEW round gasket (same used on oval lids) will seal even better, for the material used in the round lid gaskets is harder than the old square edged gaskets. Round lid gaskets have been used for years at Pepsi with no problems.

Matt Chitiea
C&C Distributing

Hey Matt,
Good to see you taking the time and effort to post some clarification to this forum - I'm sure there are many customers, including me, who feel a bit more confident about ordering from you. As you can imagine, it's a leap of faith to order something worth hundreds of dollars and then wait up to 3 months for it to be delivered...

Thanks for that, I'll be ordering soon!

Rowan.

sluggerdog said:
Thanks for the overview mchitiea,

Am email has been sent to the above address regarding an order.
For some reason the email has bounced twice, I will try sending you a message through PM's and Ebay about an order I would like to place. If you see this first please contact me via PM's or at: [email protected]

Trough Lolly said:
Hey Matt,
Good to see you taking the time and effort to post some clarification to this forum - I'm sure there are many customers, including me, who feel a bit more confident about ordering from you. As you can imagine, it's a leap of faith to order something worth hundreds of dollars and then wait up to 3 months for it to be delivered...

Thanks for that, I'll be ordering soon!

Rowan.
Your are quite welcome. Our biggest concern when this all started was the shipping time. The U.S.P.S. website states 4 week transit time but when shipments were taking 12 weeks we were receiving some "interesting" emails from the initial purchasers. We ourselves were questioning the logistics of getting kegs to Australia (home of some really good Olympic women's swim team members, b.t.w.!).
All is now pretty much on auto-pilot when it comes to shipping; I think the original purchasers spread the word around that Yes, they did receive the kegs, Yes it took awhile but Yes, they are good kegs....so we too are happy!

On a side note:
We also liquidate and export all of Pepsi's used equipment from N. California and N. Nevada. We have some self contained tabletop electric soda dispensers that work great for beer. There are 4 to 5 taps. The product runs through an "ice bath" to the tap. The kegs can be many meters away from the dispenser and you still get cold beer (kegs in garage, dispenser in game room, etc). If there is any interest in any of these units, send me an email and I can post a pic and specs.

Thank you,
Matt Chitiea

mchitiea said:
On a side note:
We also liquidate and export all of Pepsi's used equipment from N. California and N. Nevada. We have some self contained tabletop electric soda dispensers that work great for beer. There are 4 to 5 taps. The product runs through an "ice bath" to the tap. The kegs can be many meters away from the dispenser and you still get cold beer (kegs in garage, dispenser in game room, etc). If there is any interest in any of these units, send me an email and I can post a pic and specs.

Thank you,
Matt Chitiea
Oh my God!

There goes the Christmas budget! :ph34r:

BTW Matt,
I sent you a PM from my canberrabrewers.org address for 4 kegs - hope you got it...

Cheers,
TL (Rowan)

Placed an order with brewersdiscount, then heard about c&c distribution, so I emailed Terry, who was going to cancel the order and pass it onto Matt, being the same company. But it must of been too late.

I have four kegs coming from brewersdiscount, which should be here in 4-6 weeks, refitted with new gaskets, seals and poppets, for only $20US more. So I can't complain.

It seems that whether you go with Matt @ C&C, or Terry @ BD, you can't go wrong.

Cheers,
Jase

matt,

how much are you roughly looking at for a table top dispensing unit?

is there a ice maker on top of the ice bin or do you need to fill it manually?

I presume its for premix and not bag in a box systems?

Just to hopefully close off this thread.

Do not buy product from C&C.

Both GMK and myself are owed product from C&C and cannot get emails answered.

I have sent 10 emails to 3 different addresses I had for Matt but have had no response on any - so this post is not posted without a fair bit of effort on my part to clarify the issue with Matt.

He is still trading on eBay so beware.

Hope this saves someone some money.

Cheers - Richard.

Well heres my story...

I placed an order with Matt from C&C in Aug last year for 4 kegs. They finally arrived in mid December after many emails to Matt, he made some excuse about the first order being lost/damaged in the mail so he had to resend the order in October. I received the "supposed" 2nd order only to see on the customs declaration that it had only been posted 3 weeks before (late Nov). It came by sea freight (normal US post).

When I told Mat I would recommend my fellow brewers not use him, he got very annoyed and said that it was a one off issue etc.

Result, I will never buy kegs from this guy again, I paid out $200 in August and waited 4 1/2 months to get goods. I will just buy from kegsystems in Sydney and pay the $70 per keg in future.

Wobbo

Back