This Is C&c Distributing, In Ca. Usa, The Keg Guy.

• Thread starter mchitiea
  • Start date
Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matt, thanks for having a go at improved order security. Every little bit helps. But Pok's right, this doesn't offer any improved security.

The reason why it doesn't offer the buyer any extra protection is because the CC information is still being transmitted by normal, unsecured email.

There's not really an easy solution for you, apart from either calling the buyer and receiving the CC details over the phone (still insecure though), or setting up your own online shop with secure certificates.

Good luck, and don't give up on us! :)
Tim.

Matt, thanks for having a go at improved order security. Every little bit helps. But Pok's right, this doesn't offer any improved security.

The reason why it doesn't offer the buyer any extra protection is because the CC information is still being transmitted by normal, unsecured email.

There's not really an easy solution for you, apart from either calling the buyer and receiving the CC details over the phone (still insecure though), or setting up your own online shop with secure certificates.

Good luck, and don't give up on us! :)
Tim.
================================
-If I did that form right, the data is encrypted upon send. I know I needed to enter my "key" code to open the data when I sent myself a test order.
-Yes.... we are working on a website with 128b encryption.
Matt.

Matt,

"pdf" forms can not be changed and then re-sent. The form will need to be in some other form.

Matt,

"pdf" forms can not be changed and then re-sent. The form will need to be in some other form.

Have you tried opening the form? It's not a regular PDF, you can type into it and email it to send.

i downloaded it, it didn't let me type in it... maybe its just my computer ??? mac??

PDF's have come a long way folks, the security features are quite phenomonal if used corrrectly....

Cheers - Mike

yeah maybe it is mac? then again...adobe and mac should work well together...hmmm well it works for me anyway *Shrugs*

-If I did that form right, the data is encrypted upon send. I know I needed to enter my "key" code to open the data when I sent myself a test order.
-Yes.... we are working on a website with 128b encryption.
Matt.
Ah cool, I stand corrected :) Well done :)
Tim.

The pdf solution is definitely a step in the right direction but it only solves one of the problems - that of securing the data in transit.

There is still the issue of how the CC details are managed at the vendor end and what happens to them once the transaction is completed.

Using a trusted 3rd party CC service solves this and most other security concerns. I'd still recommend sticking with paypal until the website is up and running.

i downloaded it, it didn't let me type in it... maybe its just my computer ??? mac??

I'm on a mac and it works for me.

Are you using preview to view it or adobe? It seems to work in adobe but not preview.

hewy,

Cheers, I did'nt even think to open it with adobe. It works now. Cheers.

As said above "Good luck, and don't give up on us! smile.gif"

Pok

The pdf solution is definitely a step in the right direction but it only solves one of the problems - that of securing the data in transit.

There is still the issue of how the CC details are managed at the vendor end and what happens to them once the transaction is completed.

Using a trusted 3rd party CC service solves this and most other security concerns. I'd still recommend sticking with paypal until the website is up and running.

Hi there,

I had a PayPal account, had my CC and bank details in there. Then I had a $150 transaction that involved buying some credits for some online game. Problem is I'd never heard of the game and I've never played online anything. I though, "hell someone has managed to get to use my account, they don't need my CC or bank details once they can fake a PayPal transaction". I did get most of the money back although PP initially denied that there had been unauthorised access. I still canceled though, the experience of having money deducted from my bank account by an unknown person was very unsettling.

cheers

Patrick,

Hi there,

I had a PayPal account, had my CC and bank details in there. Then I had a $150 transaction that involved buying some credits for some online game. Problem is I'd never heard of the game and I've never played online anything. I though, "hell someone has managed to get to use my account, they don't need my CC or bank details once they can fake a PayPal transaction". I did get most of the money back although PP initially denied that there had been unauthorised access. I still canceled though, the experience of having money deducted from my bank account by an unknown person was very unsettling.

cheers

Patrick,
============
Hi all,
-This is -just one more- example of the abuses by FEEpal. Remember, when you sign up with FEEpal you waive ALL rights to securing your bank or CC access. I strongly reccomend to everyone to review www.nopaypal.com Remember, FEEpal is not a registered bank; therefore they do not have to abide by U.S. Consumer protection laws nor the Federal Banking rules/regs/statutes, etc.

-RE: What we do with CC numbers; We use Cardservice Int'l for CC processing. All CC data in our computer is deleted - and triple overwritten - by a overwrite program at the end of every day. If our computer gets stolen, there are -no- backups of CC info orother data.

-Dear Grand Holliness Moderator; maybe we could move these CC/security related entries into a new thread of CC Security, so that this thread can remain keg related.....?

Thank you,
Matt Chitiea

Brew-On!

I'm on a mac and it works for me.

Are you using preview to view it or adobe? It seems to work in adobe but not preview.
I'm on a mac (10.4.8) and it works in preview for me. perhaps it's unsupported in older version or something?

Matt... it seems anti-paypal-ism is growing at an exponential rate. You didn't happen to be anywhere near San Jose for Halloween, did you??? :p

Thanks Matt, order received today; all 4 kegs are in exteremly good condition, all holding pressure, and spare parts all accounted for. Thanks.

My kegs are awaiting collection from the local post office as of Monday... Very excited now!

Also picked up a chest freezer today for $11(!), so they should go together nicely!!

Thanks Matt, it's a long wait for an excited lad, but now they're here....it's all worth it.
Cheers.

Has anyone ordered these kegs lately using the PDF form?

Rook

Also picked up a chest freezer today for $11(!), so they should go together nicely!!

Nice Bugwan, wish I could score a deal like that, although it might be worth $11 for a reason, anyways I hope it works well for you.

Back