This Is C&c Distributing, In Ca. Usa, The Keg Guy.

• Thread starter mchitiea
  • Start date
Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm another unfortunate that was fooled by the possibility of acquiring 'cheap' kegs.
Placed an order in early [edit] looking at records it was March 2004..12 months and still not received any sign of the 4, 5 gallon kegs.
Sent one email which recieved some lukewarm response but no action.
This bloke seems to treat Aussies with contempt, steer clear.
cheers, Mark
P.S. There was no abusive content in my e-mail whatsoever despite a lengthy wait.
NO sufficient response was ever given either...let alone a refund.

To all.
RE: Email non responsiveness.
Whoever posted the Neutral feedback on ebay asking us to check this forum...THANK YOU. We read that several emails have been sent to us w/ no response. We have found out that our ISP's latest round of email spam filters was blocking out emails w/ .AU suffixes. SO.....
If you have emailed us in the last month or so, PLEASE email us again with your question.

RE: "Treaty Aussies w/ contempt"
No, to do so is not only bad business, it is bad "humanness". BUT...if we receive an email that was composed by a writer that was obviously intoxicated (spelling mistakes, verbage style, non cohearance of sentences, etc. - as has happened in the past,) we will let the writer know that their message may need to be "re-written", so to speak.
RE: Keg shipping
We have picked up THE LAST batch from Pepsi Pac Northwest (the Western U.S.) for 2005. We still have them @ $22.50/e w/ a new GSet included w/ each keg. Still can send 4 per box.

RE: Transit (shipping) time
Once again, even though the U.S. Postal website says under 45 days, it is our experience that transit time using U.S. Parcel Post Economy Surface shipping is eight to twelve weeks.

Thank you!

Let's try these emails again..... c&[email protected] or [email protected]
(Note: As of 06/07, new email address is [email protected])

Having been ripped off to the tune of app $200 aus. do you think I'm gonna give it another shot?

mmmm and im still wondering wether to send over some hard earnt cash for 4 kegs.some say good dealings some say bad dealings.
think i will have a few more beers and think it over for some time.

cheers
big d

Big d

From teh posts above I think it woudl be better to deal with the sister company Brewers Discount. Only 3 kegs a box, but it might be safer.

Plastic Man said:
Big d

From teh posts above I think it woudl be better to deal with the sister company Brewers Discount. Only 3 kegs a box, but it might be safer.
[post="48991"][/post]​

My last order was only allowed 2 kegs per box however I was still happier to go with BD then via ebay because of the above comments.

I think it worked out about $60 a keg, still not bad and one of my ordered arrived in 6 weeks, the other in 9 weeks. (this one was over xmas)

thanks for the info guys.reckon i will go with bd once ive the available folding stuff ready.may just go with 3 kegs on this order to avert any sizing issues.

cheers
big d

i'd rather pay the extra $80 dollars for 4 kegs i can check out the condition of and get straight away from the local hbs. risking $200 and waiting 3 months to save $80 isn't a real good bet. The USA guy has got some good excuses............

Any way back to the topic I can get 19 L coca cola kegs here in wagga for $45inc gst.

There are loads of them here. The have a 50mm round opening and Pin Locks.

I have converted some over to ball lock and they work fine.

Easy to clean.... Steelo soap pad on the end of a bit of old Broomstick.

I find that they seal really well, maybe even a better seal than the oval lids IMO.

By Die Sudhausanlage from Wagga.

Yeah the kegs are at Gil Mathews steel supplies wagga wagga number is on white pages.

If you guys want them you can ring him. I havent got time to do the leg work for free.

So I'd thought Id post them on the forum for you guys.

STEEL SUPPLIES PTY LTD

There's No Flies On Steel Supplies

10 Say St Wagga Wagga 2650
(02) 6971 8255

Seems like a better deal, or do we want to take the risk with the yank mob.
If Die Sudhausanlage thinks they are OK, maybe he could get a pic or two
Normell

I'm in Wagga on Thursday and Friday this week (from Canberra). I'll try and get some pictures while I'm there.

If they are like the old Coke kegs I have seen, these have a small screw opening port at the top, you will definitely need a no scrub cleaner to clean these babies out as there is no way you will clean them out with a brush.

Then there is the cost of either changing the posts over to ball lock which is expensive, or buying pin lock disconnects and setting your kegging system up to handle both ball and pinlock. Have never seen plastic disconnects for pinlock, only the more expensive ss disconnects.

pint of lager said:
If they are like the old Coke kegs I have seen, these have a small screw opening port at the top, you will definitely need a no scrub cleaner to clean these babies out as there is no way you will clean them out with a brush.

Then there is the cost of either changing the posts over to ball lock which is expensive, or buying pin lock disconnects and setting your kegging system up to handle both ball and pinlock. Have never seen plastic disconnects for pinlock, only the more expensive ss disconnects.
[post="49021"][/post]​

I have all pin-lock coke kegs. They have the same lids as pepsi kegs. I bought plastic disconnects from Beer, beer and more beer

The US pinlocks are different to the Aust "Rheem" pinlocks. The US ones have cheap plastic disconnects available, the Rheem ones (like I have) need the $44 stainless disconnects.

Anyway, we're diverting this thread away from C&C's original post, yes?

Credit where credits due.

I re-emailed Matt yesterday morn and got a response back this morning:

Richard,
MESSAGE RECEIVED..............It's a bloody miracle !
Parts get sent on 3/14/05. Will email completed customs form upon shipping.
Sorry about this, we chewed our ISP's ass off for this spam filter .au problem.
Matt Chitiea

Thanks Matt !!

Richard.

Good News PM

Hope they turn up OK...

Will check my e-mail tonight to see if i have one as well.

Ken...

Received this e-mail at home today...

Ken,
Boy did we chew out our ISP ! MESSAGE RECIEVED........It's a bloody
miracle.
Kegs ship out on 3/14/05 Will email Completed and USPS stamped customs form
upon shipping.
Matt

now waiting for the ups notice...

Ken...

Well I Hope all this works out for every one concerned .
I didn't like to see the way this post was going after Matt posted here himself ..
So he has had his chance to defend himself & his business... :)

I'm sure we will all stay upto date on whats arived and what hasen't...
I try not to judge people on hearsay , every one deserves the right of reply ... :)

So it's wait .......wait..... wait

Keep your chins up :)

cheers

well any reply on my postage from BD anyone since we seem to be getting responses, have sent 2 emails. Brewers Discount Order ID # 69692530-6158

ok - received an e-mail with a JPG of the customs slip showing despatch - just as Matt said.

The clock has started - counting down until my 4 kegs get here and i will be a happy man again....

mmmmm...........kegs...........they hold beer.......mmm ...drink beer...

Just recieved my US Customs Declaration and Dispatch jpg. Much happier now :)

Back