This Is A Nonic

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big d

Hopaholic
Reaction score
just for the curious out there that visit grumpys site and were wondering what a nonic beer glass looks like this is it .

stack_nonik.jpg

the ussual irish pub pint.
i use a 500 ml handle glass for my ales. although these handle jobs don't allow a good view of the colour like the nonics.
$5 from the cheap as all hell shops though is a good price.
the last one i brought says 'beer the stuff dreams are made of' and has beer glasses with wings on them.
i know a little corny but who cares.

the wings are a warning jayse
if ya drink enough they fly up and smack ya in the head :lol:

The little ridge near the top is to stop your seventh pint from slipping through your hand.

Andy Capp used to drink pints out of these glasses.

used to? what does he use now? :blink:
dont tell me hes gone to the big cartoon in the sky? :(

Thank you Big D.

In my youth, in a galaxy getting ever further away, these were the only glasses pubs served beer in.

We used to call them pints and half-pints. those were the days.

Slainte!!

I was looking everywhere for these glasses and you should have seen the looks on shop assistants faces in Clint's Crazy Bargains when you try to describe them!!!

I gave up looking around Canberra for them - thinking the whole exercise a lost cause...

When I last visited some rellies in Melbourne, the bride and I were in Knox Shopping Centre and there's a little kitchen shop on the ground floor at the cinema end of the centre (forget the name right now but they display goods to passers by in large steel rubbish bins!). Anyway, they had a stack of the pint glasses for about $2 each - cheaper if you bought 8 - so we did! They also sell good quality metal backed thermometers that I toss into the boil!

Thinking my life was now complete, I returned to Canberra, visited the local HBS and saw two bloody boxes of the same glasses for sale.

Famine or Feast! :rolleyes:

I also use a genuine glass beer stein from the Hofbrauhaus in Munich and a tall pilsner glass that I *acquired* from a brauhaus in Innsbruck Austria! All the british brews are consumed from my pint mug that I bought in Harrod's London - it was the only damn thing that I could afford to buy in that place!

Cheers,

TL

i got my 1/2 pint onw from brewcraft and i think they sell pint ones too

i just seen them on the grain and grape site

Back