• We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.

Third time brewing

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

LeFinch

Reaction score
So this is my 3rd time Brewing, did two others in the UK 1x using a caffeinated drink and 1x using Cordial, managed to make it work even with all the preservatives and stuff.
This time I had a crate of red and green apples, blended in a nutri bullet, took like 20+ blends to do the crate then realised I didn't need the fibre and couldn't get muslin so found some fine mesh fruit and veg bags in BIG W worked a treat. Added some home made sugar water and cider yeast. Started at 1.059 SG, shook for the first 3 days then left it (albeit unintentionally) for 13 days. Finishing SG 0.94
Ended up with a light tasting, med to dry mouth cider. Bottled it up (BIG W came in handy with pop top bottles for $2) and now got to wait a few months, not sure if I'll need to rebottle as there's sediment developing on the bottom of the bottles

Latest posts