Thinking Of Selling My Gear

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

banora brewer

Reaction score
Hi brewers, I'm thinking of giving up brewing, just had a few things going on at home, I have got a 20 ltr braumeister, mashmaster mini mill with the new hopper, filter, 4 kegs with bits, 2 fridges, stc 1000, bit of grain, 3 willow fermenters, cpbf,just wondering what sort of price I would get.
Thanks

Surely there must be an alternative!

I might not get the time to brew again for a while, so it will prob end up in storage

There seems to be alot of interest, just let me sleep on it till tomorrow then I will have a better idea of things.
Thanks

PM sent re Mill and Hopper if you decide to sell.

Kind regards
C

Don't know the situation, but all of you gear will fetch the same money in 3 months or more, so, if you have time sit on it for a while.

Fear

Sell in haste, regret at your leisure.
It should all hold its value, which will be less than you paid for it.

Hi brewers, I'm thinking of giving up brewing, just had a few things going on at home, I have got a 20 ltr braumeister, mashmaster mini mill with the new hopper, filter, 4 kegs with bits, 2 fridges, stc 1000, bit of grain, 3 willow fermenters, cpbf,just wondering what sort of price I would get.
Thanks

It'll be a real shame to sell all your gear, you've got some nice stuff. Takes years to accumulate brewing equipment but days to get shut of it. Hopefully you can find a way to keep your stuff and keep on brewing

Dont do it man. I went through a rough time a couple of years ago and stopped brewing altogether for about 12 months. I was going to sell my 3 vessel system and keg set up then but was talked out of it. I am so glad I did not sell it now. The passion is back and I am loving it.
If things are bad, fair enough, but make sure its your last resort man.

Steve

definitely sleep on it.
A Braumeister is the brewing equivalent of a marshall valve stack. (or the equivalent :super: )
It's your call, but I've sold a few assets in the past for a quick buck (guitar, snowboard) and regretted it.

Thanks for all of your support, just think I might let things settle for a bit until things get sorted out, it's good to see the brewing brotherhood is alive.
Cheers bb

Glad to hear it mate.

I don't even know you BB, but when i read your thread last night, the first thing i thought of was exactly what everyone else has already said.
Don't need to tell you how long it takes to set yourself up with a kick ass set of equipment (like yours) and you would seriously regret it in a (insert relevant timescale here...).

You'll obviously have no trouble whatsoever getting rid of that gear as it's all stuff others want, but it may take a shitload of time to replace if you want to kick it off again.

Always best to sleep things over and see what happens when the dust settles.

Hope your situation turns for the better and that you can keep your rig.

All the best,

Nath

Glad to hear it mate.

I don't even know you BB, but when i read your thread last night, the first thing i thought of was exactly what everyone else has already said.
Don't need to tell you how long it takes to set yourself up with a kick ass set of equipment (like yours) and you would seriously regret it in a (insert relevant timescale here...).

You'll obviously have no trouble whatsoever getting rid of that gear as it's all stuff others want, but it may take a shitload of time to replace if you want to kick it off again.

Always best to sleep things over and see what happens when the dust settles.

Hope your situation turns for the better and that you can keep your rig.

All the best,

Nath
Thanks Buddy!!!

As much as i would love your kit, i would also suggest you hang on for a little while longer.

Hope everything is ok.

BlackRat.

Several months ago I thought I was going to have to sell up all my brewing gear after me and my wife split and I got booted out of the big house and had to move into a 2 bedroom unit. I even drafted a post for AHB of all my gear for sale with pics and everything.

Then I thought, "screw this! I'm not getting rid of my gear because of this crap!"

So what did I do?

Upgraded to double batches of course! :super:

Where there's a will, there's a way....

Latest posts

Back