These Poor Buggers Need Help

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tangent

Reaction score
After a week of work in country NSW and Vic, I found out the hard way that South Aussies need to take supplies with them.
In a couple of pubs there were not only no ales on tap whatsoever, but also none in can or bottle to be purchased for love or money. The entire pub was ale-less. Those poor bastards!

On the way back I saw a Coopers sign outside the pub at Murrayville (about 20kms over the Vic border) and grabbed a Pale (baby, where have you been for the last seven days!??) Man, that was the best stubbie of Pale I've ever had.

Sure I missed my girlfriend and guitars, but I'm NEVER leaving the state without a carton of Coopers again.

strange, in the city (melb) its in every bottlo and supermarket etc

dont tell me you had to drink VB for the 7 days - shudder

I took a 6pack of Dr.Tims cans as emergency backup. Thank Jeebus.

There was a vast range of the usual suspects, VB, Hahn, Carlton and their usual light versions, and I even saw a Fosters sign.

tangent said:
I took a 6pack of Dr.Tims cans as emergency backup. Thank Jeebus.

There was a vast range of the usual suspects, VB, Hahn, Carlton and their usual light versions, and I even saw a Fosters sign.
[post="81014"][/post]​
Coopers is easy to find up here in supermarkets, bottleshops and bars, but (strangely) only the stout ever seems to turn up in the clubs.

you should try some of the bush towns up this way.

nothing on tap

your beers are, VB, XXXX, melbourne, Carlton Draught oh and Mid Strength. a person actually asked for what was on tap and the dude just blinked at them :huh:

Latest posts

Back