Thermowell in Plastic Fermenter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSABrewer

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a plastic fermenter and am planning on using a MKII Temp Controller. Mainly for heating at the moment with a heating belt (Winter in WA). I am undecided between using a SS Thermowell insulated and strapped to the side of the FV or using a Thermowell through the side.

My preference at the moment is to use the Thermowell mounted 1/3 of the way up from the bottom. If anyone has used this option before at what height in the fermenter have you mounted the Thermowell - not keen on mounting through the plastic lid.

Open to thoughts and ideas.

Thanks for the help

Hi all,

I have a plastic fermenter and am planning on using a MKII Temp Controller. Mainly for heating at the moment with a heating belt (Winter in WA). I am undecided between using a SS Thermowell insulated and strapped to the side of the FV or using a Thermowell through the side.

My preference at the moment is to use the Thermowell mounted 1/3 of the way up from the bottom. If anyone has used this option before at what height in the fermenter have you mounted the Thermowell - not keen on mounting through the plastic lid.

Open to thoughts and ideas.

Thanks for the help
Though you aren't keen on going through the lid that would be the best position. fit a threaded barb into the centre of the lid, barb on the inside obviously. A piece of tube blocked off at the end immersed in the wort (cable tie food grade) set your probe down the tube to roughly half way. Simple and effective.

Latest posts

Back