Thermometers gone swimming

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonyt

Reaction score
Hey all,

Dropped my Aldi thermometer in the wort the other day while mashing, it didn't like it much! I switched over to my spare stc 1000 and all was well and easy.

Just wondering.

Is the STC plastic sensor ok for long time use in liquid?

What are some popular thermometers you guys use during mashing?

Cheers

I'm currently using a stc-1000 probe in my HLT and also mash, and prior to this for my BIAB setup. Never had an issue. Even with the stc-1000 just acting as a thermometer I like it as the display is very easy to read from a distance.

QldKev

QldKev said:
I'm currently using a stc-1000 probe in my HLT and also mash, and prior to this for my BIAB setup. Never had an issue. Even with the stc-1000 just acting as a thermometer I like it as the display is very easy to read from a distance.

QldKev
I do the same, it can sit in a mash for a couple of hours and I usually take it out after mashout at about 80 degrees. I had reservations initially, but never had a problem

Hey Tonyt,
I have my stc 1000 sensor sitting in a bottle of starsan solution in my ferment frige.Been in there over a year and no ill affects so the answer to your question is yes.
From my experience .
cheers.

Back