Thermo Couple

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scooter_59

Reaction score
Hi All ;
I just received my pid and thermo couple . The size of the nut is very small and I am having problems sourcing a male 13mm to a female 5mm reducer nut . Any suggestions would be a great help .

Cheers
Leachim

if it's like mine, I went to bunnings and went for adaptor to adaptor.
IMG_20110309_184743.jpg

I purchased it off E-Bay from Hong Kong . Its a duel digital F/C control E12 it shows the actual K type thermo couple when you scroll down the page . I took a couple of photos on the phone but the battery is low so I am recharging it at the moment .

Cheers
Leachim

P.S. Thanks yumm yumm I will check out Geordi for it looks like they have them .
Thanks to my son I managed to get a couple of photos uploaded

K_type_thermo_couple.jpg

K_type_thermo_couple.jpg

Why not go a compression fitting for the shaft of the probe in lieu of trying to match the thread?

Post linky with piccies ( - all credit to Gopha for this brilliant suggestion).

(This also saves on having the screw the probe in and the resulting twists in your braided line).

I purchased it off E-Bay from Hong Kong . Its a duel digital F/C control E12 it shows the actual K type thermo couple when you scroll down the page . I took a couple of photos on the phone but the battery is low so I am recharging it at the moment .

Cheers
Leachim

P.S. Thanks yumm yumm I will check out Geordi for it looks like they have them .
Thanks to my son I managed to get a couple of photos uploaded

The thermocouple in the picture is not suitable to be directly screwed into a flooded system. There is no seal between the loose captive bush and the thermcouple body, if it is installed into a flooded system it will leak between the bush and thermocouple.
The thermocouple is meant to installed in a dry thermo-well or similar. Thermocouples suitable for flooded installations are available on the ebay and are dirt cheap, similar to the one shown in Raven's pics. - Cheers

Thanks for the replies guys . It looks like I will have to go back to ebay and find a suitable one .

Gopha : Thanks it does looks like a dry thermocouple .

Latest posts

Back