Theres A Toad Near My Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big d

Hopaholic
Reaction score
dont no if you southern guys are aware of the queensland invasion of the cane toad into the nt and beyond but this pic is of an average size we are finding my way in the first/ish year of invasion.
other than the poisonous sacks behind the head i found another trait of the toad the kids in the street brought around today.i picked it up and lo and behold the thing pissed on me by the bucket load.it just wouldnt stop.
anyway next wet season these things will be around heaps.
cheers
big d

toad_near_my_beer_001.jpg

yeah, we are meant to have the little darlings this wet. can't wait till the bloody things make it here :angry:

big d,
is that ugly thing waving in that first picture? :lol:

gday bonk
dont no where the little ones are as all i see are these large ones.they reckon they get bigger.look for the splotches on the roads as they get splattered everywhere.

yeah he is johnno.hes saying you ******* thanks for shoving me in the freezer. :ph34r:

From 20 years in Queensland I heartily recommend a 5 iron. Drivers dont provide enough pleasing loft, and pitching wedges just cut the toad in half, which gets smelly and messy.

I hate to think what these little bastards are doing to Kakadu :(

Some turd from QLD brought one down to Sydney one year for the State of Origin at Homebush and left it behind. NSWPWS got it and fridged it too.

Also a Nissan Navara makes them POP when you get them front on. From behind you just squish the juice from it

That one's going straight into my big book of useful facts and information, Linz.

Hey Big D,

You sure it didnt drink that Coopers Pale Ale before it took that leak on you?

Your tour starts today I think? have a good trip and i hope to catch you in Adelaide.

Cheers

Ugly bloody things -

I can remember when I was up in Cairns about 12 years ago there was a sudden tropical downpour. This tends to bring all the Cane Toads out onto the roads when the sun comes out.

Nothing beats the sound of the constant popping of the car tyres on their fat green bodies. :lol: :lol:

Hate 'em -
Warren

BigD
Nice measuring stick - something we can all relate to
I have to agree with Barfridge, the 5 iron is my weapon of choice.

A sold sprinkling of salt and let the little fella be on his way....he won't get far....

Back