The Wheatsheaf

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heads up.

Little Creatures Stimulus and Mountain Goat "Double" Hightail will be on tap from 4pm this Friday. On top of this they have the regular LC beers, Moo Dark :icon_drool2: and Pale, Lobethal Pale, JS Porter on handpump etc, etc.

I should be there around 4:30pm for a sample.

C&B
TDA

Tempting indeed, if this rain keeps up I could see myself enjoying a couple of Porters drawn by hand.

Nige

I love the Wheatie, probably the best pub i've been too.
Feels like home when you walk in...
Top Beers..
and Jade was an awesome host...
When i asked if she had any Knapstein, she had run out... but later GAVE me a bottle from her personal beer fridge.. :super:
DSCF5462.JPG

Sqyre... :icon_cheers:

see ya there pimps! :beer::icon_chickcheers:

Cheers
JSB

Im going to be there tomorrow to try this LC brew

I'll be in Adelaide in May for three nights and will make the trip to the Wheatsheaf an essential (used to drink there heaps in late 70s/early 80s when saying at Thebarton at mate's place).

Is there anything special on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday like happy hours etc that makes me want to plan the drink in advance ?

I'll see if I can get out that way tomorrow night. Sounds like a plan. I'll look for the lot of you drooling over the hand pump then shall I?

I will try and get there after golf and dinner. A few hand drawn Porters after what will be a very wet round of golf will be good.

I'll be in Adelaide in May for three nights and will make the trip to the Wheatsheaf an essential (used to drink there heaps in late 70s/early 80s when saying at Thebarton at mate's place).

Is there anything special on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday like happy hours etc that makes me want to plan the drink in advance ?

Go on a thursday and i can meet you down there, i dont work most thursdays

Go on a thursday and i can meet you down there, i dont work most thursdays

Could be a goer.

For the record - how many beers on tap ? As a well known exponent of "I'll have one of everything", how many taps do I get to indulge from ?

Could be a goer.

For the record - how many beers on tap ? As a well known exponent of "I'll have one of everything", how many taps do I get to indulge from ?

Minimum of 12. Our schooners are smaller than your schooners so you could do it twice.

C&B
TDA

Dont you have pint's in Adelaide? looks like a fantastic pub!

Our "pints" are everyone else's schooners (425mL, i.e. not a pint :eek:) and our schooners are your pots/middies (285mL). I really don't know how it came about and to be honest, it's a joke.

I call for a revolution... metric glass sizes:

* A quarter (250mL, 1/4 L) replacing the schooner.
* A half (500mL, 1/2 L) replacing the "pint" and the pint.
* A litre pitcher, replacing the 1125mL one.

Sitting in the Wheaty as I type... The line up on tap ATM includes Rogue American Amber Ale, Mad brewers noir stout, Le Baron Noir, Greenock Victorville Ale, Bierhaus chocolate oatmeal stout, moo brew stout, moo brew dark ale and eugene triple jump....

I'm hoping to try them all :-D

Sitting in the Wheaty as I type... The line up on tap ATM includes Rogue American Amber Ale, Mad brewers noir stout, Le Baron Noir, Greenock Victorville Ale, Bierhaus chocolate oatmeal stout, moo brew stout, moo brew dark ale and eugene triple jump....

I'm hoping to try them all :-D

Go for it Schooman, great place eh!

Cheers,

Screwy

Hahaha... No worries top of screw... Farking! Have made it through all the pale beers, farking! and have started on the darks and stouts... Need number two ranga IT geek and number one ladyboi prawstitute, Bonjella here to put to work to pay bill...farking!

Still trying to get leave for surprise crash of gate farking at banana bender Jesus worshipping swap of case farking! What see happens farking?

Hahaha... No worries top of screw... Farking! Have made it through all the pale beers, farking! and have started on the darks and stouts... Need number two ranga IT geek and number one ladyboi prawstitute, Bonjella here to put to work to pay bill...farking!

Still trying to get leave for surprise crash of gate farking at banana bender Jesus worshipping swap of case farking! What see happens farking?

:icon_drunk: :lol:

Nice...

The Wheaty is an awesome pub!

Our "pints" are everyone else's schooners (425mL, i.e. not a pint :eek:) and our schooners are your pots/middies (285mL). I really don't know how it came about and to be honest, it's a joke.

I call for a revolution... metric glass sizes:

* A quarter (250mL, 1/4 L) replacing the schooner.
* A half (500mL, 1/2 L) replacing the "pint" and the pint.
* A litre pitcher, replacing the 1125mL one.

This is off topic but I'm drunk on a Tuesday night so I'm allowed to be.

Is there anywhere else where you can ask for an "imperial pint" & not have the bartender look at you funny? Surely, given that a pint is an imperial measure all pints are imperial pints. Clearly what you get when you ask for a pint in a SA pub is 425ml of beer & NOT a pint.

Rant over! (until next Tuesday)

Back