The Wheatie Tonight

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homekegger1

Reaction score
It has been decided that I will be popping into the Wheatie tonight for about an hour/hour and a half. If anyone in the area wishes to stop by for a beer and a chat that would be great. I know it is very late notice, but these things have a tendancy to happen. I will be there from approx. 6.30pm Adelaide time till about 7.45 or so.

So if your interested give me a call on 0405 183 154 or just stop on by.

Cheers

HK

A friend of a friend tells me that to morrw nite ther will be a keg of MG double IPA on at thw wheatie.
1 keg only, specially brought in from melborne.

Unconfirmed though.

The Mountain Goat double hop IPA goes on tap from 6pm April the 4th. Well that is what the Wheatie MySpace site says. Should be tasty.

I can confirm this. But they do stress there is only one keg. Might be worth a visit. @ 70ibu it could be tasty.

Cheers

HK

So who's rolling along tonite and more importantly who's shout is it? :chug:

Unfortunately I won't be there.
I'm way, WAY short of my quota for AFD's over the last few weeks.
Liver screaming. Eyes fogging.

But please let us know opinions of the DHIPA.

So who's rolling along tonite and more importantly who's shout is it? :chug:

I may get there for a quick one or two. As to who's shouting? Well, we can only hope it is similar to the Hop Thief night ;)

I will be drinking with you Jayse. Probably get there around six. I doubt there will be any freebies tonight.

$7 a schooner should keep the Uni students away.

At that price ($7 for a 285ml glass) it will keep the Uni staff away, including management! It might be a special brew, higher alcohol, higher IBU's yada yada yada, but that's taking the piss.

mmmm nice profit on a keg.....!!!

my IPA will do.....Come on !!

Cheers
JSB

This looks like a great chance for me to finally catch up with some of my fellow AHBers. My unfortunate choice of clothing today (behind on the washing) means i will stand out like dog bollocks.

I will be there about 6. See you there.

Cheers
DrSmurto

p.s. any hints on how i can spot the rest of ya?

This looks like a great chance for me to finally catch up with some of my fellow AHBers.

Agree.

I'll also be there but won't know anyone. Look forward to a few conversations about my favourite subject! :beer:

But not the underpaid public servants.

I must be mad - just the one though, eh <_<

just look for the blokes with their noses in the air complaining about the beers :p

*squints and peers through glass, estimating EBC at blah blah with an IBU of blah. is that a faint trace of Carachoc?
no, i just farted*

just look for the blokes with their noses in the air complaining about the beers :p

*squints and peers through glass, estimating EBC at blah blah with an IBU of blah. is that a faint trace of Carachoc?
no, i just farted*
:lol: I saved all my flavoursome ones for the following morning.
I vaguely (really vaguely) remember those EBC/IBU sorts of discussions at the Wheaty last Saturday night. Maybe if I hadn't pretty much started my evening with the Aventinus I would remember more. Maybe even remember who the cheeky ******* was who sneaked a mountain goat onto my secret tab without me noticing..... :angry:
oh well....awesome little bar, one of the greatest things was that it was noticeably bereft of obnoxious little teenagers getting plastered. (Which is what keeps me out of the bars in town.)
Try the Double chocolate stout. Seriously. BEAUtiful, even to a non-stout drinker like me.
I'd be there tonight, but I'm not allowed :(

Poor information John boy - only $5 a schooner :D

Not as much citrus and fruit as I expected, IBUs balanced by a solid whack of malt. Wasn't until the taxi ride home after my allowed two schooners that the mouth drying bitternesss really began to hit in. Don't know how some of the other guys will be later on if the session rolls on ;)

awrabest, stu

you know my memory with numbers Stu. Kept the Uni students away i hope :)

oh you lucky buggers, how I wish we had a pub like the Wheatie over here, dedicated to bringing the best and newest brews to beer geeks like us :(
Any more reports on the Double IPA?

Was great to finally meet up with a few Adelaide AHB members and put some faces to names/alias'. I was the only K&Ker there but found the discussions very rewarding. Its meeting people like you lot and discussing AG a bit more and hearing your stories (successes and otherwise) that get me enthused about taking the step into the big time. I do like my K&K beers but cant wait to taste the first AG i make. I hope to be able to meet up with you lot and others to pick your brains so that i can improve and hopefully make as little ballsups as possible :D

As for the double IPA, easily the most bitter beer i have drunk but not a bad bitterness. I am developing an addiction to hop flavour/aroma and no doubt, my uneducated tastebuds will appreciate higher IBU beers in time. I enjoyed it tho and cant recommend the Wheatie highly enough as a beer drinkers pub. So many great beers on tap!

Cheers again
DrSmurto

Latest posts

Back