The story so far...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philistine

Reaction score
Hey all,

so I used to drink beer. I enjoyed it a bunch. Then I travelled a bit around Europe and holy f***k - some of those guys take their beer pretty seriously... I remember working for a guy who didnt speak a word of english while I was in Germany and at about 930am he called me into his house to stop for food and take a break and poured us each a pint of some kinda premium bavarian hefeweisen FOR BREAKFAST!

Before I digress any further - fast forward 7 years and here I am. I enjoy - and appreciate - beer a whole lot more.
Its 1 month after being given a BeerSmith brew kit, I've bottled my first batch, made some EPIC labels for the bottles (i'll attach one for everyone's general amusement). Ive also expanded my fermentation capacity, somehow come into contact with 'a guy' in the neighbourhood who distributes white labs yeast (which I went to 'score' from a dodgy warehouse, in my dodgy suburb, after being told to wait for an hour before calling him to meet up), I have 3 different brews bubbling away in my laundry cupboard - 1st one a Brewsmith Honey Wheat beer kit, 2nd one a hefeweisen recipe that I found on the google and the 3rd... well... it was an experiment that could well have gone wrong.. but its bubbling away happily... although it may end up being some kind of yeast whiskey...

TODAY, I took the plunge and bought a 23L glass carboy, started looking around on ebay for a cheap giant stock pot to be able to fill the ******* and on top of all that - I JOINED A F****N BREWING FORUM!
:D

I dont mean to sound as if Im taking the piss, Ive had numerous hobbies over the years and Ive managed to use the google to find help and connect with like minded folks with every one of them - FORUMS ARE RADICAL

Anyway - Hi! Im Phil! Im new here! Im gonna ask a bunch of annoying noob questions that have most likely been answered time and time again!
But hopefully, eventually, Ill be able to return the favour :super:

Summer_Citrus_Blonde.jpg

Welcome aboard, get reading through all this glorious stuff and we will see you in about a month :lol:

I also made another label - for an as yet unformulated and unbrewed beer-to-be....

Basically I want it to be really similar to the blonde ale - complete with citrus notes - but I want it to be red in colour (like an irish ale red) and also have a verrrrry faint smokey taste.... Recipe suggestiosn anyone? maybe Ill ppost this question in another part of the forum...

Heres the label anyway ;-)

Smokin-Ranga2.jpg

I see you enjoy drinking and looking at big-busted women with long shafts. A dangerous combination.

Welcome aboard, Phill!

Nice labels.

philistine said:
somehow come into contact with 'a guy' in the neighbourhood who distributes white labs yeast (which I went to 'score' from a dodgy warehouse, in my dodgy suburb, after being told to wait for an hour before calling him to meet up), I have 3 different brews bubbling away in my laundry cupboard
lol :lol:

The Ranga is the best one. Awesome work.

My wife could be related to her.

Mr Wibble said:
My wife says there's a tiger on that label, but I just can't see it.
Probably cause it's a leopard. Well done sir, you know your big cats better than your wife. Attenborough would be proud.

Back