The Steam Exchange Brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good and sounds great Andrew

One beer, the Southerly Buster (for want of a better name) is already a huge success among the volunteer testers. A very simple yet dangerously drinkable affair, (Maris otter, dark crystal, roasted barley, Challenger and EK Goldings). A decent Kolsche is also on the cards. As ever, the conundrum of producing beers relatively accessible to conservative beer drinkers while appealing to more discerning palettes continues. Work on other recipe formulation is underway, with a silky smooth stout currently in primary fermentation. Our eager volunteer taste-testers are at the ready. The Steam Exchange will buck the trend of micros producing heavily hopped unbalanced American Pale Ale stuffed choc-a-bloc full of Cascade hops to hide how oxidised the product is. Dare to be different!

I think you need some impartial inter-state testers to keep the SA ones honest.
I'll PM you my postal addy :lol:

Beers,
Doc

The Steam Fanatic idea is good. If I was a local, that would just be too tempting, 100 pints, thought it might take a week or two to achieve :)

The Steam Fanatic idea is good. If I was a local, that would just be too tempting, 100 pints, thought it might take a week or two to achieve

Lets see...that'd work out to about 10 pints an afternoon for 10 days straight...no wonder you changed your name to Nonicman, Jase!

Cheers

10 pints per day :eek: that is silly, I'll try to keep the brain farts to myself next time.

The site looks good, all that SS is awesome, the only suggestion would be a map or link to a map service when you open.

Cheers

Jason

Back