The Red Bay Brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwd

Awful Ale Apprentice
Reaction score
Came across this while scanning the E-Bay thread. Looks to be a lot better than the Ubrewit franchises. Might be handy for new brewers just getting a feel for the game. Seems to have a good number of recipes to try not sure whether it is all grain or extract brewing pricing might be a bit of a put off though. Redbay Brewery

As far as I am aware it is extract only and tastes quite ordinary.

Really surprising that anyone would open up a brew for you within a stones throw of Baccus Brewing, especially one that only does extract brews.

Quoted from here:

We make sure that the grain is cracked properly , and steep the grain through the mix and then add the hops at different times thoughout the boiling of the wort.

Its just down the road from me too! I might pop down this arvo and see if i can score a couple of free beers! ;) Will report back!

Mmmmmm...

Costs include excise???

Quoted from here:

Its just down the road from me too! I might pop down this arvo and see if i can score a couple of free beers! ;) Will report back!

You forgot to add the first part of that sentance......

"The brewing process takes just over 1 hour, which starts with the weighing up of all the ingredients, bringing it over to the brewing table and then adding each of the ingredients as required and at the specific time to the brewing kettles."

Sounds like extract to me....

Quoted from here:

They state on that page that there brewing process takes just over an hour which would be a bit impossible if they were mashing and I possibly remember the brewer saying at a beer dinner at archive that they do brew all extract. But that was a few months back so who knows.
I'm pretty sure for the dinner they had a beer which I think was called wilderhef which was pretty unremarkable. Especially when it was paired against burleigh brewings ridiculously banana'y hef

Quoted from here:

"We make sure that the grain is cracked properly , and steep the grain through the mix and then add the hops at different times thoughout the boiling of the wort."

It also says the process takes one hour, so not likely a full mash/boil all grain scenario. Probably extract/partial.

defs extract + bits.

I've seen their gluten free beer in a few local bottle-o's, which I suppose is a good thing for coeliacs.

EDIT: also heard on the radio that they make a beer for 4ZZZ. "Zed Brew".

Back