The Perfect Fermentation Fridge

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry Crowmanz, thanks for the heads up. Will let you know how the bending goes.

Cheers

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread but I had a shocker today bending my chilling plate down to make more room in my fermenting bar fridge. I didn't put much pressure on it and cracked a pin head sized hole in the pipe weld join and caused a gas leak. I tried plugging it from leaking more with a bit of blu tack and tape to stop the leak but it's stuffed anyway. Will retire it to store bottles in secondary fermentation.

Looking for another one now... need small again like bar fridge sized upright freezer preferably with cooling lines in the walls. 120-140L. Will check the tree... got an stc + heat belt ready to go.

Any tips?

I'm not what you would call well off, not living in grinding poverty either, but I have never skimped on my core brewing equipment - and apart from my beloved crown urns probably the best investment I have ever made was in my kegmate / kegmaster fridges for fermenting, lagering, yeast storage and of course serving. They are made with brewing in mind.
They are still only $550 and beat anything you can get from The Good Guys or Gumtree absolutely hands down.

kegmatepic.jpg

Latest posts

Back